On August 4th, 1975 my wife and I received the 'Keys' to our new home.....

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ron,
You and the Mrs, have every right to be chuffed with that, It's a beautiful garden may you both enjoy it for many years to come.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
i like that little haven you have carved out around your home. It looks very peaceful and relaxing.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Absolutely beautiful Ron, absolutely beautiful!!!!

I'm so sad, Sniff....Sniff....I just have a 2 room apartment….....Sniff...…………………………………………….

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks to all who posted their kind comments on our garden.
To those with perhaps a bit of 'envy' if that's the right word, and write they only have a small garden, keep in mind when we first bought this place we were both young and 'Up for it'.

Now we have a combined age of over 140 years and converted much of the garden to stone and / or concrete seeds, it's getting hard work to keep the garden even just something like.

And we sometimes talk about swapping for a nice, easily managed apartment preferably by the 'oggin. Then we look around our home. Perhaps not just yet........

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That's a gorgeous looking place Ron, lots to see and with the collection of different spaces it gives the illusion of being even bigger.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
And we sometimes talk about swapping for a nice, easily managed apartment preferably by the 'oggin. Then we look around our home. Perhaps not just yet........
I fully understand how you feel. We moved to the Outer Hebrides to fulfil a dream. We grew our own fruit and veg and kept hens. As the years passed the garden, the weather, the long journey south to see family, all became harder. The birth of my grandaughter and the renewed push for Scottish independance were the clinchers so we moved south to Shropshire. We have no regrets but sometimes miss Island life. Life never stands still, we just have to live it in the best way we can. It was our wedding anniversary yesterday - 47years - and we have been amazingly happy and lucky.
Enjoy your beautiful home and continue showing us your wonderful models.
Jim

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Jim. The Hebrides grabs you doesn't it? ...and sometimes won't let go!
We are heading up to The West Coast of Scotland again mid. September for a few weeks. We won't be going over to the Western Isles this time, but staying around Arisaig / Mallaig and going canoeing around all the lovely little Islands dotted just off the mainland. I hope my mate the otter is still there....
P1170463 (4).JPG

P1170465.JPG

Enough of my twaddle!
Congratulations Jim and Mrs. Jim for your anniversary yesterday. Well done.... :thumb2:

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
Hi Ron ... very cool pics ... what part of the UK are u situated in .....?

kind rgds

lindsey