Opel Blitz & Pak40 H0/00 Scale - Somewhere In Russia

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Having finished this little kit. I figured I ought to make a base/little diorama for it.

DSCN2380.JPG

So, A couple of pizza bases and a lid from a Chinese Takeaway container and I've started with this.

DSCN2387.JPG

DSCN2389.JPG

Then a couple of coats of Grey all over (I used some emulsion from a tin in the garage with a splash of black in it) ....... and now I have a base to work on.......... Some rubble and general "cr4p" on it.

DSCN2390.JPG

DSCN2391.JPG

First Name
Robert
Blinking Eck your quick with this little turn around. Looking good Peter and even better your using ( recycling ) you'd be popular with my misses !!' ( mind you she does work for the council!!!

Really good work

Cheers

Robert

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That's my boy, Peter San....After emptying those two containers I hope you have the belly ache!

Excellent start...superb re-cycling. Plus some gash Garage paint. My cup runneth over.

My diorama making philosophy is starting gain momentum......make it for now't.

Nice one.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Blinking Eck your quick with this little turn around. Looking good Peter and even better your using ( recycling ) you'd be popular with my misses !!' ( mind you she does work for the council!!!
Really good work

Cheers

Robert
Thanks Robert....... it only took an hour yesterday.... But then how hard is it to break up pizza base ?....... It took longer sitting looking at it deciding what to do with it:confused:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
That's my boy, Peter San....After emptying those two containers I hope you have the belly ache!
Excellent start...superb re-cycling. Plus some gash Garage paint. My cup runneth over.

My diorama making philosophy is starting gain momentum......make it for now't.

Nice one.
Thanks Ron........ There is all sorts of 'cr4p I can use on this........ and people pay a fortune buying these things?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
...... and people pay a fortune buying these things?
Grasshopper, you are learning many things and soon you will be ready to leave this place and go forth to the outside world. Where you will pass on the wonderful gift of free dio. making....

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Thanks Robert....... it only took an hour yesterday.... But then how hard is it to break up pizza base ?....... It took longer sitting looking at it deciding what to do with it:confused:
Deciding what pizza topping is my worst fear( she likes some toppings but not the spicy ones

I don't think you'll make a mess of it judging by your blitz and pak builds.

D

dubster72

Whilst I'm all for recycling stuff ( I can't abide waste! ), I do think a decent model deserves a decent base.

A picture frame from a Poundshop is hardly breaking the bank & those plastic containers can be put to new use holding sand, cat litter & scatter materials.

Still, I'm watching Ron's disciple with interest ;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Blasphemy!

dubster72, go to the front of the class and give out the pencils......and then say you're sorry:p

Last edited by a moderator:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Whilst I'm all for recycling stuff ( I can't abide waste! ), I do think a decent model deserves a decent base.
A picture frame from a Poundshop is hardly breaking the bank & those plastic containers can be put to new use holding sand, cat litter & scatter materials.

Still, I'm watching Ron's disciple with interest ;)
A whole Pound ???????

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Grasshopper, you are learning many things and soon you will be ready to leave this place and go forth to the outside world. Where you will pass on the wonderful gift of free dio. making....
I'm not sure I'm worthy just yet....... I keep ripping that bloody rice paper to shreds while I'm trying to walk on it..... :D :D

First Name
Robert
Well I'm a bit of a spendthrift at times but I'll admit to buying the odd figure and then not using him in a dio, I like to get the cheap pic frames from the poundie shop as I do a few aerosols of primer ( thanks Dubster 72)

I admit to spending £4 for modeling clay ( air dry stuff ) but I pin the tops of the empty milk bottles and ecycle the takeaway boxes, pinch the cat litter to make gravel etc ( poppy will never miss the odd scoop of catsan )

I even use the old modelling boxs as a spray area so can't be that bad!!!

But if I really need something I know where John is on the Scale Model Shop!!!

Robert

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Last update for today ......... I found some Milliput I had in a drawer (So that counts as free) I bought ages ago and made some rubble stacks. Pushed some cat litter into it (that is sort of free as well). You can't have a broken wall without some rubble that fell off it. ....... But now I have to wait for it to dry off before I do anymore and it takes ages to set hard......... I can start detailing it tomorrow..........

DSCN2394.JPG

DSCN2397.JPG

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
The wall has had a coat of light grey ..... Then dry brushed with a Buff / Tan and a dry brush with some green.......... It's starting to look like concrete.

DSCN2399.JPG

D

dubster72

The colours look really good Peter, I like the rebar in the walls

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good,Peter,

do like the colors,and unlike most people would for get the rebars in the wall,

nicely done, ;)