Operation Market Garden

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
P

Polux

Looking very good Alan.

The Dragon figures works very well...almost, the ones that I've been building all this time.

Which is your opinion about them? You prefer, maybe, an other brand?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Glad to have you on board guys :smiling3:

\ said:
Looking very good Alan.
The Dragon figures works very well...almost, the ones that I've been building all this time.

Which is your opinion about them? You prefer, maybe, an other brand?
I like them , the uniforms are great the only thing that's poor are the faces , there's not much definition in them

I'm yet to find a set of figures that have good faces , tamiya are getting better but there not enough of them with good faces

Best I've found are the miniart figures

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Real nice work so far...This isn't a critasisim and shoot me down if u were about to do it anyway

But if I was u I would sand down the back of the figure on the stretcher so he will lie down more oh natural..and as I said please don't think I am been funny when I say that

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
You should try the Apine ones.... :smiling3:
Yes mate they are good , I've seen them down our club , bit expensive though for me :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
As John (geegad) has pointed out I do need to sand down the back of the guy on the stretcher, I have done this as best as I can due to the left arme being part of the figure and if I file down any further I'm going to have a flat piece on that arm so I've taken two photos

This one with him on the stretcher View attachment 116277

and this one on the floor View attachment 116278

I can put the stretcher on the kuble ambulance
image.jpg

image.jpg

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
those figure helping each other are really nice they look like they should be resin figures fitting that well

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
those figure helping each other are really nice they look like they should be resin figures fitting that well
I agree John, I've never had figures fit as well :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice work Al, as said, those figures do fit superbly.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Talking of germans helping allied soldiers, I had an extremely interesting chat to a fellow aussie at an airport. He was half german, and his father was a Waffen SS Kommandant. His father was in the defence of the reich ops in 1944-1945 and during a gunfight, he heard a wounded, and expecting the individual to be a German to be a German, he went over, to only find it was actually a Brit. He patched him up at the field hsopital and sent him back to the allied lines with a white flag for a ceasefire. It turns out that the "brit" was an Australian living in the UK. Anyway, after the war, he migrated to Australia via funding of his grateful enemy after the war, and started off new in Australia. When I asked te chap what his father's name was however, he refused to tell me-one can only speculate

John

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Talking of germans helping allied soldiers, I had an extremely interesting chat to a fellow aussie at an airport. He was half german, and his father was a Waffen SS Kommandant. His father was in the defence of the reich ops in 1944-1945 and during a gunfight, he heard a wounded, and expecting the individual to be a German to be a German, he went over, to only find it was actually a Brit. He patched him up at the field hsopital and sent him back to the allied lines with a white flag for a ceasefire. It turns out that the "brit" was an Australian living in the UK. Anyway, after the war, he migrated to Australia via funding of his grateful enemy after the war, and started off new in Australia. When I asked te chap what his father's name was however, he refused to tell me-one can only speculate
John
I've heard lots of stories from old soldiers about this and it makes you think how many ss were actually into the ideology

In the book a bridge too far it goes into a bit of detail about this from both sides , it's a great book and makes the film look like half hour soap

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
I've heard lots of stories from old soldiers about this and it makes you think how many ss were actually into the ideology
In the book a bridge too far it goes into a bit of detail about this from both sides , it's a great book and makes the film look like half hour soap
it's like the luftwaffe- 70% were against hitler.

John