Opinions on my first diorama.

A

ArcticFrost

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and also very new to modelling in general, so be warned I will not be posting any masterpieces anytime soon :P

This is only my second build and I currently hand paint and weather everything, so things may look a little more rough than usual. There's a few water marks which I'm yet to touch up and I need to add more dusty sand weathering.

So, anyway this is my almost finished knocked out M50 Super Sherman diorama from the six day war. It's a very simple desert base but I would like some initial feedback :smiling3:

Also these are all take on my phone, so apologies in advance for the not amazing quality :/

View attachment 122076

View attachment 122077

View attachment 122078

View attachment 122079

View attachment 122080

View attachment 122081

View attachment 122082

View attachment 122083

View attachment 122084

View attachment 122085

View attachment 122086

Thanks for looking and I appeciate any feedback :smiling3:

m501.jpg

m502.jpg

m503.jpg

m504.jpg

m505.jpg

m506.jpg

m507.jpg

m508.jpg

m509.jpg

m5010.jpg

m5011.jpg

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Terrific work for a beginner! Like your style, good eye for realism. You have a lot of potential, very well done;) Jim

J

John Rixon

Agree with Jim, a cracking build and paint job, the damage looks pretty spot on. You should be well chuffed with this!

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nothing wrong with that great attention to detail nicely done look forward to more of your work

Colin

P

phalinmegob

wow, thats fantastic for a second build, cant imagine what you will be turning out in a few years, very nice job

First Name
Aaron
Mate...only one piece of advice..if you press the model into the ground work while it's still soft then it will give the kit a "weighted" look. Fantastic work, especially for hand painted.

A

ArcticFrost

Hi guys,

Thank you all for the kind feedback, It's very encouraging and I will definately be posting my future projects :smiling3: .

I have had a look at a few of the models you guys have posted, which I must say are amazing. So having feedback from people who really know what they are talking about is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the tip Aaron, I need as much advice as I can get :D

Originally I was going for the weighted look and I did imprint tracks in the clay I made the base from. However my lack of understanding came back to bite me and I only added a thin amount of glue for the sand so I couldn't imprint the tracks into the sand :/

Thanks again for the feedback,

Lewis

First Name
Dave
You have ventured where beginners fear to tread, excellent dio, very well done.

D

danntheman

Well that is brilliant, I do not model armour but after looking at yours i might have a go, but your standard is so good

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It looks great, but I wonder, in a desert, would there be dust everywhere. The tracks look a little too clean, maybe.

First Name
barry
The painting round damaged part very good well done.

D

demon

This is very good to my eye personally I feel the tracks would be fairly clean running on sand not mud love the soot marks

Roger

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Likewise, I think this is awesome work. And your second model ever, wow. Like Roger I think the tracks could do with more dirt, but the rest of the tank is very nicely done and well weathered. Your base is simple and effective. Great build in my opinion.

C

Crumplezone

Nice modelling. base and groundwork complete Your good work 

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
That is like an 'ol pro....... very impressive! B|

B

Builder

Great work for your second model Jim, really like the paint job, and the weathering. The light is also very well done. Keep up the good work mate, loads of potential!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The big question is.... Did he build a third. This was posted almost a year ago and he has not been back since. 

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
The big question is.... Did he build a third. This was posted almost a year ago and he has not been back since. 

Interesting point...totally missed that! o.O