Overturned Truck Vignette

First Name
Charles
Been working on this for a while. Not 100% complete but almost. Still got some dents to immitate on the cab and more weathering on the trailer chassi but all-in-all, is pretty much done.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Another gem from the master truckie!

Charles this, like your previous builds, is something else. I do like the front tyre blow-out!

It also gives the viewer a chance to see the 'workings'.

Top job, well done......Big 5*

Ron

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
I actually thought you were pulling my leg and it was real....and now all I can say is wow you've done an outstanding job the damage is spot on..keep on trucking

Geegad

P

phalinmegob

another show winning model mate well done, what do you use for the foiliage bushes and stuff...looks so real

B

Boldman

Wow Charles, that is another breath taking model, truly inspirational!

First Name
Charles
\ said:
another show winning model mate well done, what do you use for the foiliage bushes and stuff...looks so real
Thanks gents. appreciate you took the time to look. The foliage are hand-picked moss. now there are many types of moss and I had to just picked the right ones that looked the part. The trees, of course, are the real thing. Branches to be precise. I also use twigs.

P

phalinmegob

wont it die and go brown or do you have to treat it or something?.....its one of those questions i always wanted to ask lol,have heard of many people using moss and stuff and i always wondered

First Name
Charles
\ said:
wont it die and go brown or do you have to treat it or something?.....its one of those questions i always wanted to ask lol,have heard of many people using moss and stuff and i always wondered
I I used a mixture of some kind of plant preserver and water but sometimes I just leave it like that. I have some moss that have been used on my dios for over 2 years and they still got some in them. The trick is to pick the moss that are very thin fibers and not the chuncky ones. They won't look realistic. Pick the ones that grow on rocks.

First Name
Aaron
Hey charles this is a very interesting piece, i like it.

Some glycerine from chemists keeps green things green, I scored a bottle for like $3

A

andygh

The weathering on your models is second to none Charles, subtle & utterly brilliant

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Hey charles this is a very interesting piece, i like it.Some glycerine from chemists keeps green things green, I scored a bottle for like $3
That's it. Glycerine. That's what I used. Thanks for that.

First Name
Charles
\ said:
The weathering on your models is second to none Charles, subtle & utterly brilliant
Thanks Andy. glad you liked it. Like doing the odd subject matters. Different is the theme. ;)

C

CDW

Another outstanding piece of workmanship Charles, the whole thing is true genius :smiling3: :smiling3:

First Name
Charles
Thanks for that Colin. Glad you approve.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Another beauty Charles! *****

Gern

C

Curtis

Absolutely amazing model, well done - the quality of work and detail in these trucks amazes me.

Every detail is brilliant, even down to the truckers magazines in the cab! Brilliant.

Is that a giant dogs tail in the 13th photo? Haha. Maybe that's what overturned the truck?

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Absolutely amazing model, well done - the quality of work and detail in these trucks amazes me.Every detail is brilliant, even down to the truckers magazines in the cab! Brilliant.

Is that a giant dogs tail in the 13th photo? Haha. Maybe that's what overturned the truck?
Not really. No dog in this dio. The cause of the accident was a blowout tire, as you can see, which caused the driver to loose control. Thanks Gern.