P-47 D Thunderbolt Hasegawa 1/32

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Up to your normal standard Antonio. Looking very sharp. Nice job on the rudder!!!

Ian M

A

ajcmac

Thanks for your comments.

I could not get the mask to the tail number. I also lacked the personal emblem which is on the side of the fuselage. I had two options. Or a sheet of decals Eagle Calls (I think) or the mask of Montex.

I opted for the mask Montex which has now arrived.

I started painting the model. First the Tamiya XF-53 (Neutral Grey) and then lights and shadows.

I painted the insignia U.S..

Regards

ajcmac

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Great stuff keep the images coming Antonio.

Vaughan

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Oh My God! Cant think of what else to say really! Fantastic!

Ian M

M

mobear

you give this justice enough for me to say i want one lol ACE build and paint job so far

mobear

A

ajcmac

Thanks for your comments.

The weekend started well. I painted Olive Drab and then the U. S. insignia.

Now is the time of lateral insignia. The different curvature of the fuselage and one air extractor, complicating everything. I painted the white part but could not put the mask to paint the blue. Solution, put the decals.

Sanded the insignia U.S. and returned to paint it again. After lights and shadows.

I painted the identification numbers.

Now Future and put the decals.

Regards

ajcmac

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Great work Antonio it's all coming together really well.

Vaughan

M

mobear

all the preshading and paint job are truly spectacular, awesome so far

mobear

C

Collin

Can you explain your "lights and shadows" effect? Lovely P-47.

Cheers

Collin

A

ajcmac

\ said:
Can you explain your "lights and shadows" effect? Lovely P-47.Cheers

Collin
Collin

My English is bad but I hope it is enough to understand.

The model was painted with Neutral Gray and Olive Drab (XF-53 and XF-62 from Tamiya).

In a new bottle, mixed a bit of XF-53 with a few drops of white. With this mixture I painted the insides of the panels. After, for the shadows, a darker gray, in this case XF-63, painted lines of panels. These two mixtures with about 80% of thinner.

Then, with the same mixture of XF-53, traced lines, with very rapid passages. On the wings in the direction of flight and on fuselage I drew vertical lines.

At the top of the fuselage procedure in the same manner. At the XF-62 joined a few drops of yellow, and applied the lights, black (XF-01) for the shadows. These two mixtures also about 80% of thinner.

Regards

ajcmac

B

beav1013

your projects are always incredibly well done. your paint work is second to none. great job.

A

ajcmac

And after apply a layer of Tamiya gloss clear, put the decals. The U.S. insignia and personal brand of the pilot.

With the gloss clear of the lights and shadows disappeared, at least in the darker color.

I've tried with the Future, with the gloss clear of the Gunze and Tamiya. In the next model will experience the gloss clear of Alclad.

Regards

ajcmac