Pacific Coast Models 1/32 Hurricane.

S

steve scan

So I have decided to take a break from the F18 as I am not enjoying it, this is one I started earlier and is a nice kit but the fit is typical limited run but it is my favourite WW2 fighter, I have included some pics. of its progress,

Thanks for looking.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice start Steve, it's looking good despite some obviously ill fitting parts.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Good start Steve , the hurricane is my favourite as well , what MK is it , mk 1 or mk 1a,

I'll be looking in on this :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's a good start you've made. I found the fit a bit 'approximate' when I built one of these a while ago but it will make a very nice looking Hurricane with a bit of work.

Cheers

Steve

S

steve scan

Alan it is the MK1 metal wing not sure about the A though and the fit is indeed approximate in places. :smiling3:

T

treyzx10r

Steve its looking great! Nice work cleaning up those wing leading edges. Always been curious about the Pacific Coast kits never built one before and after seeing the 'approximate' fit I think its unlikely I'll seek one out! Looking forward to the next update.

N

noble

This looks like a bit of a hog build wise, but you seem to be getting the better of it nice one looking good.

scott

D

dubster72

You're wrestling this one into shape Steve! Looking forward to seeing more.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice start Steve, ever with the little what shell we says ,nice going :rolleyes:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Always been curious about the Pacific Coast kits never built one before and after seeing the 'approximate' fit I think its unlikely I'll seek one out!
You would have no problem at all making one of their kits into a nice model. I know because I've seen what you can do :smiling3: They are essentially limited run kits with the injected plastic, etch and resin from different manufacturers but are less of an ordeal than some limited run or certainly resin kits.

If there is one that interests you don't be put off. I've built the Fw 190 A, the Hurricane and the Spitfire XIV and they are all some of the most accurate kits of these types available.

Cheers

Steve

S

steve scan

Thanks guys, Steve yours looks great, this is another of the challenges I came pushing upon myself, I seem to be a glutton for punishment Lol.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
That looks like a real challenge. I would love a 32 scale new tool Hurri but that limited run kit is not for me so I will wait and hope for a major manufacturer to bring one out. Tamiya or Hasegawa, please..........

S

steve scan

A little more work done though not much as I have been getting two models ready for the show this weekend, really could have done more work on the seams but I have spent a lot of time on them already so it will have to do,

Thanks for looking.

D

dubster72

Looks good Steve, I'm with you on the seams - sometimes those buggers just won't go! Though on yours, I can't see them! :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Your at the business end now and it's looking good :smiling3: