Paint cups

S

Stuck_Steve

If you go into McDonalds you can find small paper type cups that they leave out for you to put sauces into. Ive found these to be great for mixing paints or for adding thinners to paint and so on. Also they have long wooden coffee stirrers, also a useful item either for stirring (of course) or for using in diorama structures.

hope this helps

Steve

P

Pogo

Try the small pots of milk cream when you have coffee in a cafe. Take home wash out and you can mix and pour.

S

Stuck_Steve

yes that is a good idea too but could enamels or enamels mixed with thinners melt the plastic cup?

steve

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Those small sample jam glass containers are ideal that you get in supermarkets,also thinners will not affect these.

P

Pogo

Enamels dont melt the pots nor does the thinners.I tend to use white spirit and it works for me. Acrylics and water dont affect them either. Having said that the enamel are only in long enough to be poured into the spray cup or jar prior to spraying.Been out tonight for Mother in laws birthday and came back with two small pots that contained soured cream or something .Washed them out and will use them tomorrow on bucc.

P

Pogo

Try 35mm film tubs. They are also good for mixing paint and they have a fairly airtight top. I have had some paint in one of these for several weeks and its still usable. As a tip if you have a cup for the airbrush paint tends to spill out if your not careful . An Agfa type film tub lid , when trimmed around the edges , fits tightly over the top of the cup. Don't forget to put a small hole in so air can get in.

S

Stuck_Steve

For actually storing paint that may have been mixed from 2 different ones i like to use the pee sample bottles you get at the doctors - of course not the second hand ones, you can buy them for about 10p from chemists.

Steve