Painting fiures

P

premacy10

Hi all,

I used to paint figures years ago and have just bought on ebay some airfix Afrika corp. I would love to know how to paint the uniforms and how to achieve the shadow effect in the clothes folds. Is there an easy way to do this or do you spend hours painting in the creases, if you do are there any tips.

Regards

Tony

A

andygh

What scale? If they're small you can try an ink wash and dry-brush, it looks fairly convincing with figures 1/48 and smaller

C

CDW

As Andy has said Ink washes (or heavily thinned paint) will find the creases, nooks and crannies and shadow them, a little dry brushing the raised areas of the model with a slightly lighter colour will help accentuate the detail in the model.

I presume they will be the 1/32 figures?

Heres one i did to get me back in "the swing of things" when i started back modelling a few months ago after a long time away.

View attachment 29549

Not brilliant but at least the general idea's there.

View attachment 34777

grenade.jpg

D

dm73

Hi Tony, have a look through this, i found it helpful when i started painting figures Beginners Guide to Paint Military and Fantasy miniatures.

Cheers

Darren

First Name
Ty
I used selective washes and dry brushing to get this look. I probably could have gone even heavier on the wash. Hope it helps.

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/painting/9629-tyz-guide-figure-painting.html