Panther Build Idea

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sounds like you have made a start, so maybe we better let it go.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sounds like you have made a start, so maybe we better let it go.
Sorry Ian, is that a no?
I've got plenty of other Panther kits but obviously the RC Panther is the one I'd like to continue with
Cheers
P

J

Jens Andrée

A Panther build I would join for sure!
A proper Panther that is, not my wonky never finished "long-faced" Panther A...

Takom is about to release their "full interior" Panther in all variants soon, but I don't know if it will be done in time? If not I've got a few others to choose from :smiling3:

Count me in here!

J

Jens Andrée

So what's happening with this Panther GB for 2018?
Not enough members?

Remember that the Takom Panther (3 versions) with full interior, like the previous King Tiger, will soon be released... hint hint... ;)

I'm dying to start a "Panther"...

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
How many of those that have signed up for this are still up for it. It seems that the names have gotten lost in all the chit chat.
Please just post you are still interested.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
If it's a 2018/12 month build time then I am in. :smiling3:

Edited to add:

I will most likely build this, I do love a Meng kit. :smiling3:
mngts-035.jpg

Last edited:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so this is for 2018?

pencil me in as a 'maybe'......the calendar is already getting full

J

Jens Andrée

Would it be ok to do a tank destroyer variant of the Panther? It is still a Panther in my head...
I've got a really cool Jagdpanther II kit sitting next to me that's dying to be built with Friulmodel tracks and all!

I'm also buying the new Takom Panther with full interior as soon as it's released so this means I'm most likely doing two Panthers for the GB! :D

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm already ahead on that one then, might finally finish this 1/10th scale Panzer V Ausf G :smiling3:
View attachment 289055

Mark :smiling3:
It is one thing to have a kit that has had two or three parts glued together and ask if you can join the GB with it. It is something else to present a 90% finished build and pronounce that you will join in with that.
Sorry this will not be accepted.

If I can include the RC Panther build I'm in.
Paul
If you are as far along as Marks Mk V I fear that you also are to far into the build. How much have you done?

One of the few rules for the GB's are the kit should be not started and No building to be done before the start date. I fear that allowing two almost built models into the mix is going to be not only unfair but also fround upon by others. That in turn will become a foundation for all to want to enter a part built model into a group build.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
If you are as far along as Marks Mk V I fear that you also are to far into the build. How much have you done?
I'm no where near that far. I've only just got the suspension done! There's no turret, no detail attached, not even the deck. You might remember that most of what I got done involved soldering etch detail.
I can recap on what I've done so far (as the original files were lost with the Photobucket change). I'll upload these to the forum natively - start again. It would be great if I could build this Panther but I don't want to derail anything.

If I could then I think I would be set up for builds next year as I've already signed up to: an AA GB build, a FW190 GB build. a Tornado build GB and this Panther GB! That would be a fabulous year for me - plenty of variety and projects that really interest me.

Anyway, with regards to the Panther build and whether I can continue with my RC Panther I'll leave that to you guys to decide. I may end up finishing it along side the GB anyway if the rules don't allow so I can participate in some way.

Thanks
P

First Name
Mark
Hi Ian, I appreciate your reply...

the one thing that you don't know is, That Tank is 32 yrs old (I bought the kit back in Jan 1985, it is the original SLEC kit which was only in production for 2 yrs before the company changed hands and therefore stopped producing it) I haven't touched it for 12 yrs since moving house so it is as I left it back then.

I still have work to do on it, including finishing off the proper scale detailing on it. All the tools / equipment etc on the sides are all scratch built and not supplied with the kit. I may end up remaking the toolboxes on the back yet as I am not overly happy with the original plastic mouldings. The tracks alone took 1.5 hours to assemble per side ( all individual links needing bolting together). It also has working spring suspension on all the bogeys. I will eventually squeeze this one in between my scale Heli builds and get it finished. A group build will certainly give me the required incentive to do that. As has been suggested above, I may just end up doing it alongside the group build to keep things fair :smiling3:

Mark :smiling3:

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Last time on this one. No Started kits. End of.
So can we get back to the subject at hand. Who will be joining the build.

J

Jens Andrée

I'm joining the Panther build. One Panther and one Jagdpanther if allowed.