Panther D from Italeri

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
First of all, i apologise for my absence. Had a few family problems that need sorting out and modeling had to take backstage, but as you can see i got to the bench and finished this "thing".

I brought this kit as the shop was closing and was £30, so i came out with it (you could say it was my own fault in the first place). So what happen when i got it on the bench? The tracks was the first thing to go in the bin, they are in four pieces (two for each side) and have no detail. I got some Bronco workable tracks in the stash that are beautiful but didn't want to go on the sprocket. Luckily i found some from a Panther G i did some moons ago and they fitted nice and looked ok, so what happen next? The turret and hull looked horrible, the only detail in did have needed work and alot of it too. So i took a leaf out of Rons (spanner570) book and made use of what i'd got to hand.

I needed to fit the tank with zimmerit to hide all the bad bits, but wasn't going to buy some PE to add more money to it. I got some evergreen plastic sheet, and an old soldering iron with a homemade bit to add the zimmerit pattern. One sheet did the whole tank and at 75p a sheet it's cheap as chips. All i did was cut the sheet to shape and glued it to the model, then with the soldering iron melted the pattern it. Then cut the damage out where the glue didn't go, and thats it lol.

View attachment 53287View attachment 53288View attachment 53289View attachment 53290View attachment 53291View attachment 53292

All the airbrush work was done with my new Neo airbrush, and when a joy to use too. So a big thanks goes to John and Scale Model Shop.

View attachment 53293View attachment 53294View attachment 53295View attachment 53296View attachment 53297View attachment 53298View attachment 53299View attachment 53300View attachment 53301View attachment 53302

All comments welcome.

Have fun, John

View attachment 55659

View attachment 55660

View attachment 55661

View attachment 55662

View attachment 55663

View attachment 55664

View attachment 55665

View attachment 55666

View attachment 55667

View attachment 55668

View attachment 55669

View attachment 55670

View attachment 55671

View attachment 55672

View attachment 55673

View attachment 55674

DSCF7702.jpg

DSCF7703.jpg

DSCF7704.jpg

DSCF7705.jpg

DSCF7706.jpg

DSCF7707.jpg

DSCF7729.jpg

DSCF7730.jpg

DSCF7731.jpg

DSCF7732.jpg

DSCF7733.jpg

DSCF7734.jpg

DSCF7735.jpg

DSCF7736.jpg

DSCF7737.jpg

DSCF7738.jpg

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
love the build and that's complemented by your paint job love the tired looking colour john you've nailed it

F

Fenlander

Mmm, might have been a problem kit but you have made a great job of it John. I have my first attempt at Zimmerit coming up soon, cannot say I am looking forward to it but needs must. just hope I get a great result like this!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work John with all the problems you had with this build you well and truely nailed it 5 stars from me

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
tired looking
thats the look i was going for so i'm happy lol, thanks John. Thanks Graham matey, you'll sort it out. I have every faith in ya lol, if all else fails 'use the force'

Have fun, John

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
Great work John with all the problems you had with this build you well and truely nailed it 5 stars from me
Thanks for the five Ian, having some time from armour again. Fancy something with wings so i can play with the new airbrush lol.

Have fun, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Good to see you posting again John, I too have been missing for a while, but my absence was for pleasure.....I hope all is sorted now and everything is back to some sense of normality for you......

I do like this Panther, you always produce such great stuff even from a 'Pig'

Well done, 5* for a great model and 5* (if I could) for perseverance!!

Cheers,

Ron

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
To be honest Ron, i'm starting to like the challenge matey. My absence was for a bit of pleasure too, my grandson coming home lol. Then they've moved, so no bad stuff to sort out. Hang on, Boddingtons was not consumed so it was very bad stuff lol.

Anyways, thanks for the 5* mate. Very much appreciated.

Have fun, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Good to read all is well.....so let's both you and I crack a few 'tubes' and get back into full swing model making!!

Plus of course, a bit of fun and banter......

Ron

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
Good to read all is well.....so let's both you and I crack a few 'tubes' and get back into full swing model making!! Plus of course, a bit of fun and banter......

Ron
You have a deal me old china.

John

P

Polux

It's a perfect job John, and very clean model!

You nailed (as always), big,big 5*!!

have fun

Polux

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thats a fine looking Panther John. A cracking fix up job mate.

Tony.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks fellas, had a look in my stash and found the Italeri Bergepanther too. I wonder what i can do with that one!! Now there's a challenge lol.

Have fun, John

F

Fenlander

I have that kit to John with a fret of Eduard Photo Etch. I keep looking at it and wondering what to do with it. I have seen a very nice on done by replacing all the wooden planking with real wood, it looked very nice. Also the winch pulleys and ropes had all been replaced with much more realistic ones. However, I do believe it does build into quite a nice kit with a bit of care.

Edit: Fancy doing a head to head some time lol?

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I've been looking on the net and seen so very nice Bergepanthers, it looks like it can be made into one hell of a model. Head to head you say? Sounds like a plan Graham lol.

Have fun, John

S

Sky Raider

Thats a fantastic job you done there Jon, top marks bud.

Andy