Panzer IIV and Normandy Church diorama scene

B

backonthecase

Still looking awesome Mark, jealous of the imagination needed for these dios! I've yet to really finish a dio!

M

mobear

now theres an idea!!!!museum display?,free entry?sounds like you could be onto a winner lol

mobear

S

Saber

\ said:
Still looking awesome Mark, jealous of the imagination needed for these dios! I've yet to really finish a dio!
Cheers Stuart

I have a good imagination being dyslexic I have strong visual eye and like being creative cartoons astrophotography model making kite making and many other interests. However I honestly believe that if it was not for the encouragement that I have had on this forum and the great dioramas and models others have come up with I would not have been doing this but very glad I am its great fun.

There are some very talented and kind people on here and I am grateful for there encouragement.

B

backonthecase

Wow, a very crafty and talented bloke then! Brilliant work so far, keep it up! I'm gona send you a list of models and you can give me ideas lol!

S

Saber

He he yes I have lots of thing on the back boiler here are some links to my other interests if you want to know what else I get up to.

Cartoons

Zitty-Ben | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Astronomy

Star Gazing

https://www.youtube.com/user/boodlewoodle

Angling

- Broads Angling Strategy Group

Marine fish

Mark & Kathys Marine Tank Adventures

Not to mention game model design level design and web design.

I just love to do creative stuff and model making is at the moment my number one obsession :grinball1:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This starting to look something special Mark, and it seems to me you are getting a bit of a buzz on! You are finding out these dios. are not to be feared, but rather an adventure......With each stage new ideas come along don't they?...I have no idea where from either!

I'm so glad you are having fun making your model and I can see with each stage your confidence is increasing.

All sounds a bit shmaltzy perhaps, but I don't care!

Well done,

Ron

First Name
Michael
Mark, your a bloody natural at this game mate. Great work, keep it coming. M

S

Saber

Many thank Chaps, if I was to take off the tanks I realized that I have made a model of my own with just some old Styrofoam packaging a bit of ply wood and some pollyfilla, household sponges and some twigs. The acrylics cost a quid from qd it is really surprising what you can do with some junk around the house lol.

I don't think I have room for anything any bigger then this but I am really enjoying making it that's for sure. My wife is great for helping me with my colors as I am color blind with greens and reds.

Scanning the net for images on the subject is also very helpful you can pick up lots of little ideas. I liked the wall with the plaque on it so am having a bash at that now need to add some vines and foliage to it but I like it.

View attachment 56906View attachment 56907View attachment 56909

View attachment 58943

View attachment 58944

View attachment 58946

2013-01-20 21.05.23.jpg

2013-01-20 21.01.42.jpg

plzenchurch.jpg

S

Saber

\ said:
This starting to look something special Mark, and it seems to me you are getting a bit of a buzz on! You are finding out these dios. are not to be feared, but rather an adventure......With each stage new ideas come along don't they?...I have no idea where from either!I'm so glad you are having fun making your model and I can see with each stage your confidence is increasing.

All sounds a bit shmaltzy perhaps, but I don't care!

Well done,

Ron
Your dead right Ron you keep finding little bits to add in there, I understand what you mean now about just getting stuck into it and seeing what ideas come floating along. I did have a rough idea of what I wanted but its seems to be taking on a life all of its own now lol

T

treyzx10r

Wow Mark thats some top notch modelling. Really awesome layout with a good amount going on without being too 'busy'. 5stars from me,very nicely done Sir!

P

Polux

Top work Mark!

The base is fantastic, great skills!! I love the general color, it's very,very good!

It's a well deserved 5 stars.

Cheers

Polux

S

Saber

Thank you Trey and Polux now I have to find some where to put it along with all my others models, I need a basement :thumbs-up: great fun to make though and cant wait to have another one when my 88mm anti tank gun arrives.

M

mobear

Mark Mark Mark this is well deserved of 5*s,it is totally fantastic so much so i keep looking and seeing different things,well played

mobear

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Superb result Mark!

Top drawer scratch building for sure....Yep, really nice model.

Well done.....Big 5*

Cheers,

Ron

S

Saber

Thank you very much Ole and Ron I am now having to clear all my German model planes off my desk to make way for the tanks lol good job I didn't get a bigger scale model. loving all this snow ideal model making weather no grass to cut no garden jobs to do and no pesky sales men knocking on me doors.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
yes it certainly is a dio and a cracking one at that tells a good story a big 5 coming from me mucker