Papa 695s 1/35 Mini Art Dingo Mk1

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work so far Ian.

ATB

Andrew

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Looks great Ian,
I'm no expert on Dingo's, so the driver is not sitting straight with the direction of the road? Must be weird to keep driving straight and also pain in the neck no?
Have fun :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice internals Ian.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks guy's, I'm glad your liking it. It's a great little kit, fitting together very nicely so far, but when putting the cab together, you put the two sides on first and it looks like its all wrong, It's not until you put the front and back parts on that you see it's ok.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I'm no expert on Dingo's, so the driver is not sitting straight with the direction of the road? Must be weird to keep driving straight and also pain in the neck no?
The Daimler Scout Car could drive in reverse at (almost) the same speed as forward. The seat is set at an angle to make it a bit easer for the driver to see through the little viewport in the rear armour when doing so.

It also had four-wheel steering, as you can see on Ian’s model, probably partly because of the high-speed reverse. This proved dangerous, though, so the rear steering linkage was disconnected on later versions (IIRC, from the Mk. IB on) and the wheels simply fixed in the straight-ahead position — however, the whole steering mechanism was only actually deleted on the Mk. III (off the top of my head).

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ian
Looks a nice kit. A lot of parts for a small vehicle. Great start with the interior. It looks excellent.
Jim

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Nice build Ian, not noticed the offset drivers seat before on one of these, but my brother had a Vauxhall Nova with offset pedals & steering wheel!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking great as a basis for a well worn paint job Ian. Nice one!