papa 695s AFV Club 1/35 scale Scorpion

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I love these "Tanks" :smiling3:
There was one used for Airfield defence when I was at RAF Wildenrath and was amazed how small it was....
.... Didn't seem much bigger than the Action Man one I had as a kid !!
Andy

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I used to love driving these you could go as fast backwards as forwards. Looking forward to this.
I can remember being chased across Salisbury plain by the 'Sabre version' of these during an 'escape and evasion' exercise many years ago... couldn't believe how fast they were..

(I've still got an empty 30mm casing from one of the Sabre's we watched giving a target a bad day..)

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I can remember being chased across Salisbury plain by the 'Sabre version' of these during an 'escape and evasion' exercise many years ago... couldn't believe how fast they were..

(I've still got an empty 30mm casing from one of the Sabre's we watched giving a target a bad day..)
Chased ? - how fast were you Usain Langy ...?
Steve

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Good start Papa :thumb2:

I built one of these a few years ago but never finished it as I couldn’t get the tracks to fit, they seemed slightly too short.
It was probably a mistake on my part during the build but I thought it might be worth you knowing just in case.

Geoff.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I haven’t built much armour, but the one thing I do remember was the wheels, loads of wheels.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I couldn’t get the tracks to fit, they seemed slightly too short.
It was probably a mistake on my part during the build
It wasn’t your mistake, those tracks are too short. I’ve built both the AFV Club Scimitar and Revell Scorpion (which is a rebox of the AFV Club kit), and both of these had tracks that stretched very tight around the wheels, to the extent that they pulled a noticeable inward curve between the two sides of the drive sprocket.