Papa 695s Bandai Thunderbird 2

First Name
john
Thunderbird 2 my favourite and I'm sure in one of the episodes back in the seventies the little elevator trucks saved a plane from crashing on landing. Looking great Ian keep up the good work. Cheers John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Ian. all looking good including the shortening of the legs for scale. I know this would be hard to correct but I think the canopy windows on the kit are a little large and set too high on the nose. Could be just me but seeing some of the images just gives me that impression. Would still be okay left alone as it's your kit. You've done quite a bit to get it looking this good so far.

Cheers,
Richard

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking great Ian , the legs look spot on now , cheers tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Ian lovely build of TB2 but this is not a critiusum of your build just an obsevation but this in my opinion that the green is a bit to dark as when ive seen it was a very bright green something like a bright emerald green or is this an undercoat for a bright emerald green ? but maybe its me got it wrong
but please keep up the good work on these THUNDERBIRDS as im enjoying seein these built as to be honest i dont think ive ever seen all the THUNDERBIRDS all togeather brilliant build
ATB chris

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Chris, no criticism taken, thanks for the input. as for the colour, there’s a big debate about that.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good Ian. The colour breaks up the monotone green nicely. The green sha looks pretty much spot on to me…. Out or interest, how are you going to do the windows?

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Ian. The colour breaks up the monotone green nicely. The green sha looks pretty much spot on to me…. Out or interest, how are you going to do the windows?
Thanks Tim, not sure about the windows yet. I usually paint them white, then over paint in clear blue.