Papa 695's PLA ZTD-05 AAAV

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like this Ian, great detailing, however, for the amount and fiddly track work...is it slightly conceivable...just a tad...er...that maybe they be hidden too much to show off there excellence?

Si:smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's very nicely done so far Ian. I reckon Si's got a point though. All that work with individual track links when you can see so little of them. You'd be just as well off with 'link and length' tracks and it would save a lot of work. Yet another example of kit makers adding parts to make their parts list look more impressive.

Gern

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Yes I agree with both of you a little bit overkill on the tracks when your not going to see much of if any of them but it's what's in the kit

C

CDW

\ said:
but it's what's in the kit
So there were no wrap round types included at all then Ian. ??

I personally think you've done a cracking job on this so far and am looking forward to the finish line.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
A

AJay

That's an excellent model, Ian. I love the camo - how did you do it?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Totally and utterly amazing, I be gushing sir, with admiration...in other words, it be fab.

Si:smiling3:

C

CDW

Now you're just showing off Ian. :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

That looks great mate and it'll look even better when you stick it on that base no doubt.

Last edited:
V

virtue66

Did you managed to make the front flaps workable? I tried so hard to make it workable but the thing is not folding up flat to the top of the hull so I had to glue everything... :sad:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Gary I did get it working but I'm putting it into a diorama so glued them into place but like yours it didn't sit too good when fully folded back

V

virtue66

So it wasn't just me then.. It's so frustating isn't it ? Being too careful to make it workable and when finally putting it on, it doesn't fold back properly.... ARR the rage