Papa 695s Tamiya 1/35 Stegosaurus

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I built this and a Triceratops some time ago (See my 'Impasse' build). I can't remember which one, but I had to do a lot of scraping on the eyeballs to get them round as they had a sharp ridge in the middle. Is yours the same?

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I built this and a Triceratops some time ago (See my 'Impasse' build). I can't remember which one, but I had to do a lot of scraping on the eyeballs to get them round as they had a sharp ridge in the middle. Is yours the same?
Never really looked at the eye Dave, I’ll get back to you on that one.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
No idea if it's realistic but it certainly looks good and what I imagine it looked like!

Well done so far!!

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good Ian. Go for the regulation and courtship colours…..it will add interest to the plates…..possibly a dark colour to absorb heat…..

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just had another read up (very interesting subject) and the skeleton in the Natural History Museum has feet like that Dave. Mind you, I’d say they were nails, not claws ;)
There are a lot of different species of Stegosaurus that have been found so some may have developed hoof like structures. Can’t find my original quote though, so may have misread it. One thing most sites agree on is that the tail was held erect, in line with the back, not laying on the ground as they have been drawn since I was a nipper……