papa 695s Tiger models 1/72 M1A2 Abrams

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A wonderful paint job Ian. Its difficult to remember its only 1 72. Will you be doing a scale shot at the end? Looks like you have plenty of stowage to keep you busy for a while. Are the side protection plates painted white or is that the glare of the lights please.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A wonderful paint job Ian. Its difficult to remember its only 1 72. Will you be doing a scale shot at the end? Looks like you have plenty of stowage to keep you busy for a while. Are the side protection plates painted white or is that the glare of the lights please.
They are painted white Steve as per the instructions.
Do they need to be a different colour?

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Most photos are same color as vehicle but have seen one photo where they were dirty white on an M113. PaulE

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
I will be home later on today and I will do a little research. The question was meant to be confirming the colour rather than questioning it's accuracy. I have seen other models with them painted white which means they too have gone with the instructions. On my M1A2 Sep research I only came across sand yellow or black. However the TUSK may be different ie divisional or battle markings. I will see what I can find out

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I will be home later on today and I will do a little research. The question was meant to be confirming the colour rather than questioning it's accuracy. I have seen other models with them painted white which means they too have gone with the instructions. On my M1A2 Sep research I only came across sand yellow or black. However the TUSK may be different ie divisional or battle markings. I will see what I can find out
Thanks Steve I’ve had a good look on line and all I could find was sand coloured or black/green. So I’ve already re-painted them.

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
The stowage is the icing on a superb cake! Really has come to life now. Good luck with the weathering:thumb2::cool: