SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
So when Airfix contact you and ask if they can use this little beauty in their promos for their kit, what are you gonna say?

Be careful with your answer Ian, 'cos this question's got both barrels loaded!

Gern

M

Mike

That is simply stunning, what an accomplishment with such a poor kit as a base.

I put my challenge up to see what others could do to give me something to aim for, my goodness I wasn't expecting anything as completely amazing as this!

I hope in a few years time with practice and mistakes under my belt, I'll come back to this kit and produce something comparable to this!

I may need decades rather than years come to think of it...

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Terrific result Ian. That looks really nice.

The waves coming at an angle show Victory off to a tee.

Top job.

Ron

D

dubster72

Brilliant Ian! The seascape works perfectly - I thought the brief was to replicate the Airfix artwork, but you've gone way beyond that ;)

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'll give you a gong for that! It really shows what can be done with a frankly not very good kit when you add a good dollop of skill and determination.

Cheers

Steve

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Well Ian, what can one say other than you are indeed a doctor of plastic. Your Victory looks amazing in that sea scape with the rigging. Top work. Airfix take note, this is how it should look.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Well Ian, what can one say other than you are indeed a doctor of plastic. Your Victory looks amazing in that sea scape with the rigging. Top work. Airfix take note, this is how it should look.
No, no, no Joe! We need Airfix to realise how bad their mould has got and stop making this thing - then they can focus more of their efforts on other things - like the 1/24 Meteor!

Gern

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Many thanks guys for such great comments. I really did enjoy doing this kit even though it's such a bad one.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
So when Airfix contact you and ask if they can use this little beauty in their promos for their kit, what are you gonna say?Be careful with your answer Ian, 'cos this question's got both barrels loaded!

Gern
i'll say whatever you tell me Dave :smiling3:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
That is simply stunning, what an accomplishment with such a poor kit as a base.I put my challenge up to see what others could do to give me something to aim for, my goodness I wasn't expecting anything as completely amazing as this!

I hope in a few years time with practice and mistakes under my belt, I'll come back to this kit and produce something comparable to this!

I may need decades rather than years come to think of it...
many thanks Michael. After seeing your other attempts of the Victory it will come sooner than you think, just keep at it

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I'll give you a gong for that! It really shows what can be done with a frankly not very good kit when you add a good dollop of skill and determination.Cheers

Steve
Cheers Steve coming from you is such high praise

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Not too loud Joe we don't want to upset Dave.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
i'll say whatever you tell me Dave :smiling3:
See? Didn't I tell you all what a good bloke this is? :smiling3:

When they contact you Ian, just refer them to me - they can have both barrels!

Gern

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Just a thought. Seeing what an excellent job you've done with this heap of junk makes me wonder what you could do with a good kit that's well moulded with plenty of detail. Maybe something like the Bronco Ting Yuen for instance. Just as an example off the top off my head.

Gern

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Just a thought. Seeing what an excellent job you've done with this heap of junk makes me wonder what you could do with a good kit that's well moulded with plenty of detail. Maybe something like the Bronco Ting Yuen for instance. Just as an example off the top off my head.Gern
I get the hint Dave :smiling3: :P