Papa695s Airfix 1/144 Handley Page H.P.42 Heracles

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good. I'm sure I built one of these as a youngling. so quite an old kit. Guess it was mid 60's.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That's an excellent metal finish. Those Vallejo Metal Colours are good. Props look good. Glad the decals went on well. Being so old there's always potential for issues.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
That's an excellent metal finish. Those Vallejo Metal Colours are good. Props look good. Glad the decals went on well. Being so old there's always potential for issues.
The age of the transfers is a factor, the codes have almost all departed from mine, but it's the corrugations that are the REAL difficulty!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Ian, this has come together really well. I love the finish with the AV metal colors. Do they need to be thinned or did you shoot them straight from the bottle? And do they clean out/up well in the AB after? I've only ever hairy sticked them and do like the their finish...

Oh, and did you apply the decals directly on the metal finish or did you do a gloss coat on top and then apply them?

Prost
Allen

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Wow Ian, this has come together really well. I love the finish with the AV metal colors. Do they need to be thinned or did you shoot them straight from the bottle? And do they clean out/up well in the AB after? I've only ever hairy sticked them and do like the their finish...

Oh, and did you apply the decals directly on the metal finish or did you do a gloss coat on top and then apply them?

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen, you don’t need to thin them they’re airbrush ready. They also clean up very easily I just use water. Before applying the decals I gave the model a coat of this.
66D91C90-3A30-4D09-8F27-A7A4C5E4ED6A.jpeg
I hope this helps.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I'm really going to have to try this Vallejo stuff. Especially if It's so much easier to use than Alclad

So many silver 'planes to do...

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking fantastic Ian , I love the look of this aircraft , cheers tony