Pedestal for mounting ships

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Morning

I am having problems trying to buy pedestals for mounting ships to a base. Have finally released that doing so makes it easier to work on the ship without getting my mits all over it lol

Only place I can see is on eBay and from china. Does anyone know of a stockist ideally in the UK??

• Wow
Reactions: JR

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Type in "pedestals for wooden ships" on Google or whichever search engine you use. There are loads of UK suppliers who do them in all sorts of materials.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Type in "pedestals for wooden ships" on Google or whichever search engine you use. There are loads of UK suppliers who do them in all sorts of materials.
Thanks for the info, the wooden ship ones have a notch to enable the keel to be clamped. But some interesting stuff

Would something like this do what you want Bob?
It looks like a bigger version a rolling stock cradle I had in my railway modelling days….
Hi Tim

Thanks for the info, have ordered from eBay a building berth. Two adjustable clamps on a frame. Not expensive. Hopefully it will hold and stop me getting my mits on the hull plus will be able to move the hull to add superstructure, railings etc. however will still need pedestals to mount the hull anyway.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hope you will do a review Capt Battleship Bob:smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave

Sorry Bob. Just tried that exact search again and got zero results! I've tried other searches and like you the only ones I can find are either notched for wooden keels or from foreign climes.

Ooops!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Don't be daft, really appreciate you taking the time to help!