pegasus 1 ?

A

adzam

ok doke this is a model that No.6 (my brother) acquired from my dad to clear some space.

she looks similiar to the graupner pegasus 3 kit , but this one is about 34 inches long.

she sails very well and seems to handle the conditions very well.

the model is about 15-16 yeras old having been kept in the attic for most of this time.

she is powered by 2 540 motors from a 6v 4.5 A battery. needing tidied up but nothing major.

IMG_0109.jpg

However !!!

running 2 540`s does give a decent turn of speed and this model almost planes !!!

video ( 4 Mb)

please note, this video is NOT recomended for dial up users due to the size, may take a minute or two even on broadband. ( but if you wish, i would recomend downloading rather than streaming the video)

this iss my first attempt at hosting online video :smile5: so we`ll see how it go`s.

cheers

Adz..

Last edited:
B

Bluewavestudios

Nice Looking boat Adz,

Just the sort of thing I would fancy in Full Size (or even the Pegasus III) If I had the money...!!!

Regards.........Mark.

A

adzam

anyone had a look at the video ?

just wondering if ok/ download time etc

if it works ok i`ll get some better ones :smiling3:

cheers

Adz..

P

Phoenix

i watched it works fine

nice boat too

i want a nitro one or i would like to build one

P

periscope

Nice boat Chris - I enjoyed the video too. Hope my Paula goes as well when i get the paint job finished.

Ian

M

mjt60a

Sorry to drag up an old topic but I couldn't resist...

I have one of these, it's a Sea Star by Billings Boats. Very similar to the Peg 3 but in a smaller scale.

Mine - http://www.btinternet.com/~mjt60a/ubb_link_images/tropic02.jpg - I built it around 20 years ago, first attempt at a boat. Several bits are missing now (easily remade), I got the wrong scale people (1/50th, model is 1/40th apparently) - and didn't I make a pigs ear of the radio mast!

A

adzam

MJ superb thanks for that info mate, i`ll pass it onto the owner.