Perry 28mm ACW Union Cavalry

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
After they appeared on the board next to my large space marine Tim Marlow asked if I would be posting these up so here they are. Here is the box set of 12 multi part figures, these can be modelled as either side in the war. These are nicely moulded as expected of this make of figures. As I’ve already started these models the only sprue pic has had the horses removed.
76FFA59E-F589-4325-94A9-1CF3FA5059FD.jpeg

1B26362B-4B7A-4634-9A80-634295BFEF7E.jpeg

9E7C3587-E10A-442D-A617-22C5CD199E8B.jpeg
C023D3C6-315C-4F17-9F9A-17E4ED16AC2B.jpeg

Here’s where I am so far, the riders are not yet secured as I prefer to paint them separately.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
28 mm small or what !
Will follow Mick , looks to be good detail from the sprue shots .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice! Looking forward to these.
I see the Perrys still join their horses at the neck under the reins. Hope the join was OK. The French heavies I did back a long time ago didn’t fit very well and needed a fair bit of filler there. Pity about the heads being moulded on the bodies as well, you can get so much animation into a figure by tweaking the head position a little. They look to be great sculpts though, as expected from Perrys.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
After they appeared on the board next to my large space marine Tim Marlow asked if I would be posting these up so here they are. Here is the box set of 12 multi part figures, these can be modelled as either side in the war. These are nicely moulded as expected of this make of figures. As I’ve already started these models the only sprue pic has had the horses removed.
View attachment 480006

View attachment 480003

View attachment 480005
View attachment 480004

Here’s where I am so far, the riders are not yet secured as I prefer to paint them separately.
Blimey,too small for me,but they look excellent little figures, really nicely detailed :smiling3:
I look forward to seeing you do these Mick ;)

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
28 mm small or what !
Will follow Mick , looks to be good detail from the sprue shots .
Welcome along JR, they are nice little figures
Nice! Looking forward to these.
I see the Perrys still join their horses at the neck under the reins. Hope the join was OK. The French heavies I did back a long time ago didn’t fit very well and needed a fair bit of filler there. Pity about the heads being moulded on the bodies as well, you can get so much animation into a figure by tweaking the head position a little. They look to be great sculpts though, as expected from Perrys.
Hi Tim, I had problems with some I’ve done in the past but all 12 of these have gone together ok
Blimey,too small for me,but they look excellent little figures, really nicely detailed :smiling3:
I look forward to seeing you do these Mick ;)
Hi bud, have optivisor will battle welcome along

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I forgot to include these, I got some nice standards from Flags of War to use. I’m extending the poles the standard bearer carries so they look better.
View attachment 480050
Good looking flags. I tend to replace the poles with brass or nickel silver rod to make them stronger when they are being used for gaming. Bit long winded, but worth it. Bit of a pain if it’s a spear or pike armed unit though ;)

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Good looking flags. I tend to replace the poles with brass or nickel silver rod to make them stronger when they are being used for gaming. Bit long winded, but worth it. Bit of a pain if it’s a spear or pike armed unit though ;)
Sounds like a better idea for the longevity of the standard but totally agree about the other types of unit, certainly would make a formidable hedgehog on the table

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Quick update now the marine is just about done. 12 horses put on to bases and some texture added, this will get covered over later but helps disguise the attached base. The stuff I use is a citadel technical and is great for miniature bases, looks like textured mud but spreads really nice and sets hard. A little goes a long way.
4772C404-6EA7-4E4C-981E-77361AF1EFF6.jpeg
7DF50E6F-2C6C-4255-AF43-2B4EE0207315.jpeg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Always interesting how others do it Mick. Your workflow is different to mine right from the off…..horses look good. Bit limited in poses though.
I always add the ground texture once the main figure painting is done. That way I don’t get spray primer or paint flecks on it….

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Always interesting how others do it Mick. Your workflow is different to mine right from the off…..horses look good. Bit limited in poses though.
I always add the ground texture once the main figure painting is done. That way I don’t get spray primer or paint flecks on it….
I just add this as a base for the basing if that makes sense just to hide the plastic horse base. I’m a bit sloppy if I add this later and always end up smearing it on the horses legs

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Why do these things always look better in real life
I know what you mean Mick...
... It can be SO frustrating, luckily though,we all know exactly what happens..... so, when looking in on someone's pics,(especially of figures,but it goes for all subjects I reckon),we make allowances and can envisage what it truly looks like :smiling3:
..... Which,in this case,is rather splendid mate. ;)

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I know what you mean Mick...
... It can be SO frustrating, luckily though,we all know exactly what happens..... so, when looking in on someone's pics,(especially of figures,but it goes for all subjects I reckon),we make allowances and can envisage what it truly looks like :smiling3:
..... Which,in this case,is rather splendid mate. ;)
Thanks Andy, my large space marine I’ve just finished also looks better in reality, I’m blaming my phone

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Gosh id never be able to focus on this size.You have a real flair for these fella.Would the base paste maybe be good for say mud on 1.72nd afvs?.
Watching from the cheap seats.
Rich