Peterairfix's Starter set Challenge GB. Chat

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Airfix obviously have a job lot of red paint to get rid of, Pete also has a red, along with two whites and a black, and the aircraft is in earth, stone and blue......this GB is going to be great, i’ll Have to pick something up when I see it and join in......preferably one with incorrect paint so I can have a real blast.....

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
well since i have just added another 2 Aldi specials to the stash i thought i had better check to see just what i did have to chose from

think i need to buy less and build more lol

cromwell, jeep, king tiger, cutty sark, mary rose, me 109, mitsubishi zero, a4 skyhawk, yak 9, and a spitfie

theres even a Revell 1/225th scale HMS Victory with enamel paints......but theres no way im tackling that!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Now Now, Ron,
which way are the flags blowing?, and which way are the sails billowing? :tongue-out3:
Do you remember the celluloid rigging on the small scale Airfix sailing ships?
Dave

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Well spotted David. What a stupid elementary mistake. Especially as I had a sailing boat for over twenty years!

New and correct picture has replaced the original and thanks for bringing it to my attention...... :thumb2: Let's hope no one else has spotted it - Our secret, eh?

Ron

Rbaker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Well spotted David. What a stupid elementary mistake. Especially as I had a sailing boat for over twenty years!

New and correct picture has replaced the original and thanks for bringing it to my attention...... :thumb2: Let's hope no one else has spotted it - Our secret, eh?

Ron

Shame the Union Jack is upside down unless she is in distress

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Richard - done on purpose, 'cos it was me wot built it!

Col' - Nearly. One happy day when I bought it, but the second was when I flogged it and built a narrow boat with the proceeds.... :thumb2:

Anyway we digress somewhat - Sorry Peter, my fault.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Ordered online from The Works. Only £10. Picked it up from my local store today. Thought I'd been really clever as this had 6 paints and 2 brushes. Downside is it is all silver :sad: Painting silver with a brush sounds difficult although it does say 'skill level 1' on the box!
P1050672.JPG
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
The Cromwell tank has arrived and I am happy to report there is no red paint but plenty of green and brown:thumb2::smiling3:. As I am away at the moment, I am unable to post pictures but really looking forward to some light Easter relief with this build next year.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Amongst the welter of Airfix Kits - postie has just delivered this........................revell mustang.jpg
Includes a curious double ended brush. Not a model in the first flush of youth! According to Scalemates, it dates back to 1963! I hope that the Yellow rudder comes as a decal, 'cos the 3 colours supplied are silver, olive green & emerald green!
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
The kit may be ancient and you are expected to mix yellow from silver and green but at least you have a decent glue rather than the tube of gloopy stuff in my kit.
Jim

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Hi all, this is possibly a silly question, I have in my possession an Airfix VE day set and a D-Day set, which have the starter kit paints and several of the kits are unstarted, would they count?DSC06442.JPG