PETES 1/350 REVELL TITANIC

W

Willi262

I see you did what I did to the benches. Namely, paint them a wood-brown but paint the ends in black, to represent the wrought iron. I also topped my capstains in gold (to simulate brass) and rimmed my upper deck windows and all passenger area handrails in brown. I also painted the hull in a semi-gloss black, to make it shine a little bit like a new paint job. I also ended up using like 4 coats of flat white paint for all the main superstructure. My funnels are in the wrong shade, as are my masts (the book says 'yellow masts') but overall I am pleased enough with my first attempt.

My mother had done one for herself about 20-30 years ago now, but it looks really, really bad, and I think I did mine to upstage her. (she calls herself a Titanic buff so i really could not leave that unchallenged).

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Ig

\ said:
I see you did what I did to the benches. Namely, paint them a wood-brown but paint the ends in black, to represent the wrought iron. I also topped my capstains in gold (to simulate brass) and rimmed my upper deck windows and all passenger area handrails in brown. I also painted the hull in a semi-gloss black, to make it shine a little bit like a new paint job. I also ended up using like 4 coats of flat white paint for all the main superstructure. My funnels are in the wrong shade, as are my masts (the book says 'yellow masts') but overall I am pleased enough with my first attempt.My mother had done one for herself about 20-30 years ago now, but it looks really, really bad, and I think I did mine to upstage her. (she calls herself a Titanic buff so i really could not leave that unchallenged).
If you ever want to give your titanic a make over try this address titanic-model.com/paint its a good source and not only the titanic.

Peter t

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Peter, you're doing an amazing job on it.

D

Deleted member 3568

great work on that ship peter looks very impressive