PETES 1/350 REVELL TITANIC

First Name
Richard
Nice Peter,

that looks great.

Cheers Richi

C

Caledonia

Well done Peter, that looks a pretty detailed kit.

Cheers Derek

W

Willi262

I want to test out something that has been bothering me...

The picture on the title page of your instruction manual...

Is the "completed" model that they have depicted, missing its rudder? If so, look closer, you should be shocked and appalled at what is also not on the model that they took a picture of to use as the title shot. Some inspiration huh?

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
I want to test out something that has been bothering me...The picture on the title page of your instruction manual...

Is the "completed" model that they have depicted, missing its rudder? If so, look closer, you should be shocked and appalled at what is also not on the model that they took a picture of to use as the title shot. Some inspiration huh?
I can't see what you mean as my kit is a older one and the insructions are even older and on the title page is a pic a the real ship.

A rather puzzled peter t.

W

Willi262

mine must be a reboxing, it is definitely an older mold. But the title picture on page 1 of the instruction booklet (in black and white) is missing the rudder...

I will have to dig out my manual again and post a picture of what I mean. It's pretty bad...

W

Willi262

I count at least 12 mistakes here...View attachment 76445

aft - fwd 1. rudder is missing. 2. lines of rigging missing. 3. aft mast is not canted correctly, and has an addition at the top for no reason. 4. more missing rigging. 5. boat 12 is missing. 6. all the starboard side forward lifeboats appear to be missing 7. lengths of railing missing. (p/s on the compass platform). 8. lifeboat 8 missing. 9. foremast not canted at correct angle. 10. more missing rigging. 11. both p/s forecastle deck railings missing 12. decal for the name in wrong spot.

Even the box pictures show an incomplete model if you look closely enough (on mine they do...)

titanicmanual.JPG

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I see now but what scale is yours as i see its a minicraft.

Peter t

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Isn't the minicraft one ment to be a good kit shame they can't the inscrutions right,by the way mines a revell one.

Peter t

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking good Peter, you have certainly...if you will pardon the pun...licked this one into ship-shape. Great work.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I count at least 12 mistakes here...View attachment 76056aft - fwd 1. rudder is missing. 2. lines of rigging missing. 3. aft mast is not canted correctly, and has an addition at the top for no reason. 4. more missing rigging. 5. boat 12 is missing. 6. all the starboard side forward lifeboats appear to be missing 7. lengths of railing missing. (p/s on the compass platform). 8. lifeboat 8 missing. 9. foremast not canted at correct angle. 10. more missing rigging. 11. both p/s forecastle deck railings missing 12. decal for the name in wrong spot.

Even the box pictures show an incomplete model if you look closely enough (on mine they do...)
That is just diabolical! I mean at least but a finished model on the chuffing instruction leaflet or what is the point? Unbelievable...truly...lost for words!

Si:smiling3:

A

AlasdairGF

Missed this earlier...

\ said:
Heres my latest all funnels and boat deck are finished minus the life boats.Peter t
Just like the real thing! (I'll get my coat...)

A

american

I just finished to read your topic. It will be a great Titanic at the end. Really, really impressed......

A

american

Try do make some pictures on natural light, maibe in t back yard. Don't use the flash of your camera.