PETES 1/350 REVELL TITANIC

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Peter, it was interesting to watch your build.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice job Peter , that rigging looks very tricky , cheers tony

M

mobear

Ruddy awesome pete you done a good repair on it.will it sit pride of place?

G

Graham D

Nice looking model, is that a wooden HMS Victory in the background?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice result that Peter.

Ian M

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
Nice looking model, is that a wooden HMS Victory in the background?
Thats the part work one ive had it for nearly 4 years and i still have to finish it.

Peter t

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
great pete. did you find that painting the white was difficult? i really struggle with it! superb job on the rigging too.
Witch part of the rigging would you like more on and as for the white 90% is as it came the only real trouble was the lower white as the whole hull had to be rubbed right back ,undercoated and then repainted.

Peter t

B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely job, it would be interesting to see this side by side with a 1/350th battleship to see just how they compare size wise.

You've really captured the iconic atmosphere of the ship, all it needs now is Leonardo de Caprio and Kate Winslet leaning over the bow!

First Name
Aaron
"im king of the world"

Nice work mate it looks really labour intensive.

C

Caledonia

Great job Peter, found this photo a few days ago, thought you might like. Cheers Derek

View attachment 77093

When I was in Las Vegas two years ago I visited the Titanic Exhibition in the Luxor Hotel, well worth a visit, here is a brief description from their website. There was also a model of the damaged bow section resting on the seabed, it must have been about 20 ft long.

The 25,000-square-foot exhibit features numerous items from the Titanic, including luggage, the ship's whistles, floor tiles from the first-class smoking room, a window frame from the Verandah Cafe and an unopened bottle of champagne with a 1900 vintage. In addition, the exhibit features a piece of Titanic’s hull, a full-scale re-creation of the Grand Staircase as well as a newly expanded outer Promenade Deck, complete with the frigid temperatures felt on that fateful April night.

These actual artifacts, recovered from two and one half miles below the surface of the North Atlantic, tell the story behind the legendary Titanic’s short journey from construction and destruction to eventual recovery. Walk her decks, peer into her cabins and meet her passengers and crew.

Described as a floating palace, the incomparable Titanic was deemed "practically unsinkable" by the White Star Line and its builders. However, on a calm April night in 1912, the massive luxury liner struck an iceberg and slowly sank into the North Atlantic. Since then, many items from the wreckage have been recovered and added to Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition.

The personal artifacts on display offer haunting, emotional connections to the forever-altered lives of those on board the Titanic. Visitors even have a chance to walk through authentically re-created first- and third-class rooms, with furnishings by original manufacturers.

photo.JPG

Last edited:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Well Peter I have followed your progress on this build and watched it come together, new rudder made, paint stripped back etc. And now it is all complete it looks superb mate, a great effort and she looks beautiful, well done. Just keep her away from icebergs.

Si:smiling3:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
Great job Peter, found this photo a few days ago, thought you might like. Cheers DerekView attachment 76735

When I was in Las Vegas two years ago I visited the Titanic Exhibition in the Luxor Hotel, well worth a visit, here is a brief description from their website. There was also a model of the damaged bow section resting on the seabed, it must have been about 20 ft long.

The 25,000-square-foot exhibit features numerous items from the Titanic, including luggage, the ship's whistles, floor tiles from the first-class smoking room, a window frame from the Verandah Cafe and an unopened bottle of champagne with a 1900 vintage. In addition, the exhibit features a piece of Titanic’s hull, a full-scale re-creation of the Grand Staircase as well as a newly expanded outer Promenade Deck, complete with the frigid temperatures felt on that fateful April night.

These actual artifacts, recovered from two and one half miles below the surface of the North Atlantic, tell the story behind the legendary Titanic’s short journey from construction and destruction to eventual recovery. Walk her decks, peer into her cabins and meet her passengers and crew.

Described as a floating palace, the incomparable Titanic was deemed "practically unsinkable" by the White Star Line and its builders. However, on a calm April night in 1912, the massive luxury liner struck an iceberg and slowly sank into the North Atlantic. Since then, many items from the wreckage have been recovered and added to Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition.

The personal artifacts on display offer haunting, emotional connections to the forever-altered lives of those on board the Titanic. Visitors even have a chance to walk through authentically re-created first- and third-class rooms, with furnishings by original manufacturers.
Thanks for pic i would love to go to somthing like that but its to costly .

Peter t