Pete's completed Zeke

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Not sure if this is in the right place, I couldn't find a Completed folder. Anyway, I've been a bit distracted by a very poorly cat and the arrangements for my wife's knee replacement, so I've been plodding away at this a bit at a time, and have now finished, so here's some pics:P1170756.JPGP1170757.JPGP1170758.JPGP1170759.JPGP1170760.JPGP1170761.JPGP1170762.JPGP1170763.JPG
Thanks to Andy for organising the GB, and to Tony and Dave for nagging me at Hinckley to buy a kit! It's a really nice kit which went together without difficulty, except for the pilot who would have needed major surgery.
Paints are mostly Vallejo, but the aluminium parts are Hataka.
Now let's get trucking!
Pete

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very nicely done Pete. Looks great on that base.

P. S. There's a section within "completed aircraft" for GB subjects.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Pete,
Firstly, thanks very much for joining in, it's much appreciated :thumb2:
A great job you've made of that one:cool:,
Also,it was good of you to carry on despite your cat problems,never nice to see our pets in distress eh?!:sad:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Very nicely done Pete. Looks great on that base.

P. S. There's a section within "completed aircraft" for GB subjects.
Thanks Andy. Perhaps IanM could move this thread?
Hi Pete,
Firstly, thanks very much for joining in, it's much appreciated :thumb2:
A great job you've made of that one:cool:,
Also,it was good of you to carry on despite your cat problems,never nice to see our pets in distress eh?!:sad:
The kit was a useful distraction from the cat's health. She's a lot better now but is rather wobbly on her feet. The vet doesn't know what's causing it and has suggested an ultrasound scan, but I don't really want to stress her any more unless they think her problem is treatable.
The latest problem is that the hospital where SWMBO is due to have a knee replacement on Wednesday is not sure if they'll accept her because of her COPD. :disappointed2:
Pete

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The Committee having just met has all agreed that this is
2020DB.jpg
Pete, congratulations.

Hope every thing at home is sorted .

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That's a great result Pete. The weathering is excellent.
Best wishes for both your wife and the cat, I hope they both go on ok.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Many thanks to t'committee for the canine cojones!

SWMBO has a meeting with the anaesthetist on Tuesday so we won't know until then whether she'll have a new knee on Wednesday. The cat is eating well but still very wobbly.
Pete

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice one Pete, a bit light on the top surface weathering but still good. Hope SWMBO's knee gets sorted out.

Cheers,
Wabble.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Nice one Pete, a bit light on the top surface weathering but still good. Hope SWMBO's knee gets sorted out.

Cheers,
Wabble.
I thought that Richard, but the top surfaces had exactly the same treatment as the underside. Anyway, parked outside in tropical rain the mud would wash off the topside fairly quickly!
Pete

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I thought that Richard, but the top surfaces had exactly the same treatment as the underside. Anyway, parked outside in tropical rain the mud would wash off the topside fairly quickly!
Pete
Hi Pete, yes dirt would have washed off but I was referring to the very fine chipping of the paint. Anyway could have been a newly delivered plane that hasn't had paint deterioration yet. Sorry if I sound like a nit picker and please ignore my comments as its a really good build.

Cheers,
Wabble

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Your comments are much appreciated Richard, although I thought I'd overdone the chipping! I don't do much chipping so that looked like a lot to me. Of course not only the mud but the paint would be more exposed to weather on the top side.
Pete

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job pete , whatever made you decide to do one of these , its a lovely result. Ive moved the thread for you too , cheers Tony