Pete's Revell 1/350 bismarck

First Name
rob
Hi Pete. I'm doing hms dreadnought and wondered how you are going to do the decking. I wanted to get the wooden accessories sheet but you can only get them from China so it could take ages.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just put some plastycard to the inside then use some filler it will save you the 80 mile round trip Peter, after painting you will never know

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
Just put some plastycard to the inside then use some filler it will save you the 80 mile round trip Peter, after painting you will never know
My skills arn't up to that but as i have a rare weekend off i can stock up on much needed supplys besides i would still have to go there to get some plastic card

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice choice Peter, but I agree with regards to the plastic card and filler fix.

J

John Rixon

\ said:
Hi Pete. I'm doing hms dreadnought and wondered how you are going to do the decking. I wanted to get the wooden accessories sheet but you can only get them from China so it could take ages.
Which Dreadnought? I have a wooden deck set that I've decided not to use - for Trumpeter 1907 model, you are welcome to it for postage.

First Name
rob
\ said:
Which Dreadnought? I have a wooden deck set that I've decided not to use - for Trumpeter 1907 model, you are welcome to it for postage.
That would be great John. If you pm your address, I'll send money to you.

J

John Rixon

Bhi, sorry for the delay in replying. My mum died last week and have a lot of stuff to sort out. I will get the decks in the post but it may take a week or so. Hope you're not desperate.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Peter. What colour did you use for the hull red? A Humbrol colour? It's a good used look for a ship that's been in the sea for a while. A little bit of rust and staining around that hull and it will look very good.

L

Laurie

Gone and done it now Peter. That is a real big one.

Just finished last night Bismark the Epic Chase by James Crossley.

Read other Bismark books but this one is very interesting as it tells

of the characteristics of each ship (their armoured construction guns direction

equipment and Radar), each of the Admirals involved, the Captains of the

Ships. On top of that the details of the Swordfish and Catalina and their crews.

It is a case of the wolves hunting down a single large prey. A RN ship bolting off

in a 180 degree cock up. Ships running out of fuel. A Gale force 9 with Vian's

destroyers making 27 knots what a sight that must have been for the Swordfish Pilot.

Ark Royal turning around and steaming away from the wind in the F9 gale to enable

the Swordfish to take off unprecedented. And the Hood.

Look forward to this and Bismark incredible boat.

Laurie

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Top work Peter, the red anti-foul colour is spot on, it is a more pinkie/dark not a bright red as many folk think.