Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ta I guess it must be old age setting in
Happens to us all Pete. If you hold the pointer of your mouse on the GB title in the GB menu, it also has a little text that says Seafire are also welcome.
I remember you said it was OK as I have a Seafire in the stash that I was considering as well.
No harm done but just keep taking the pills. lol

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
This coming Sunday, I will have been a member of Scale Models Forum for eight years. I have never participated in a GB here but to put that right and to celebrate my 8th anniversary as a member, I would like to tag along in this GB.

My choice is one of the oldest-tooled Spitfires and which I last built in the early Seventies when it was in a polybag and moulded in light blue plastic and before a slight tooling change in 1975 when the pilot was altered.

This is the 2005 boxing that I will be building:
Supermarine_Spitfire_IX_72_2022_SM_GB_001.JPG

Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
This coming Sunday, I will have been a member of Scale Models Forum for eight years. I have never participated in a GB here but to put that right and to celebrate my 8th anniversary as a member, I would like to tag along in this GB.

My choice is one of the oldest-tooled Spitfires and which I last built in the early Seventies when it was in a polybag and moulded in light blue plastic and before a slight tooling change in 1975 when the pilot was altered.

This is the 2005 boxing that I will be building:
Supermarine_Spitfire_IX_72_2022_SM_GB_001.JPG

Dave
That is the spitfire of my youth right there Dave. Less than twenty parts wasn’t it?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Depending on how I get on with the Focke wulf and Ians mossie GB , I might join this one pete , ive got the Airfix 1/48 F mk22 /24 and the ICM mk IXc beer delivery to choose from . Does it finish the beginning of november or the end ?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Does it finish the beginning of november or the end ?
Always start the first day and end the last day of the given months. Only if a set date is given but that is normally just the start.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm ploughing on with the superlative 1/48 Tamiya Mk5b - highlights the lack of my wingy skills - however (despite my painting/finishing skills) I am so p----d off with trying to apply the Sky fuselage band! Can't even match the colour properly to that and the serials :angry: Hope the Mossie looks , at least. 50% better!
Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm ploughing on with the superlative 1/48 Tamiya Mk5b - highlights the lack of my wingy skills - however (despite my painting/finishing skills) I am so p----d off with trying to apply the Sky fuselage band! Can't even match the colour properly to that and the serials :angry: Hope the Mossie looks , at least. 50% better!
Steve
So I have to ask where is the build thread?
The whole point of a GB is to share the experience and to draw on the experience of others.

I take it the fuselage band is the decal? Only way toget it to match is to paint it, the same time you paint the bottom if the airframe.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
So I have to ask where is the build thread?
The whole point of a GB is to share the experience and to draw on the experience of others.

I take it the fuselage band is the decal? Only way toget it to match is to paint it, the same time you paint the bottom if the airframe.
Sorry about that, thought I had just shared the 'experience' - said earlier I hadn't done 'wingy' things for at least five years . Covid and other pressures have led to delays in progress and it seemed trivial to show a minor 'progress' such as " Hey, I've stuck a wing on ... ! Mea Culpa, I promise to improve Boss ...
Steve

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Reference my last Ian - yes, the band is a decal; my lack of skills have not allowed me to emplace it correctly or match a proprietary paint to match the Tamiya version of 'Sky' so that I can paint it. Sorry if this sounds adversarial but, with everything else that's going on, it's the least of my worries ...
Steve

Last edited: