Photo Etch folding

First Name
Gwyn
What do people recommend as a PE bending tool. John seems to have a range of plyers to bending tools from about £23 to nearly £60. I have recently bought a PE kit for a Tamiya beaufighter kit that I have in my stash. I expect to use PE in the future but not a great deal. Thanks in advance for the usual good advice on this forum.  Gwyn.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I bought mine from John, I can't remember which one it is but cost about £30.00    Sure you might not use it much, but it's a great thing to have as it makes nice tight bends.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
The hold n folds are a very well machined tool, like Colin said you won't use it much, but you will never need to buy another

First Name
Gwyn
Thanks for that Colin and John, how often do you need one of the larger machines?

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
The Bug (SMS002) should be fine for most things, the 5.5 and 8" are more for things like long rails on ships etc, most PE parts you will use on 1/35,48,72 will be small so you won't need the length. 

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Here is my one. I think it is the Medium one. It is brilliant for Aircraft modellers, and it is only suitable for 1/48-1/24, and it works beaut for me as I only model 1/32 and 1/48 WW2 Aircraft

IMG_1615.jpg