Pinck Panther R/R

W

Willi262

Nice, one guy with a little tattoo ...I've yet to try that on a figure. I'm still sorting out beards and moustaches.

It sorta looks like one guy finally 'broke down' and is now radioing for directions..."you see, the thing about the desert is, it's always changing. And the thing about my map is, it doesn't change at all..."

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I love it john , superbly built /painted and composed. The pink panther looks excellent with all the bits all over it , and the figures are perfectly posed , especially the two having a brew! great job , cheers tony

T

tommy1drop

Great build John, lots of nice detail work and those figures look superb, well done mate, it looks fantastic!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
fantastic build John,all round the detail is just superb,hard to say some think some one else has all read said, real do like it well done :D

P

Polux

Hi John.

Well, you know my opinion about this build. The Pink Panther is my favorite, so will try to be impartial on my reply.

The general weathering on the Landy is great, and the dry brush is a nice touch. All the bags and other complements are scratch build, so great point too ;) . And the base are different, (my last one was just a few sand and some little stone), and with the posed figures looks really natural and calm scene. ;)

There is only a mistake, a big one, and sorry but I can tolerate on a modeller with your skills.....

What is a "pinCCCk panther"? :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Great build John!!

Hope you will do another fantastic Landy soon ;)

Regards

Polux

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Lovely job john , I like everything on that dio , how did you get the colour of that sand it looks so realistic :smiling3:

J

John Huggins

\ said:
Lovely job john , I like everything on that dio , how did you get the colour of that sand it looks so realistic :smiling3:
Thanks Alan for your kind comments, the realistic sand IS sand mixed with PVA glue, i got a 15kg bag of play sand from Argos £2.99.

somtimes it's damp so it will need to be dryed first.

Hope this helps.

John

J

John Huggins

\ said:
Hi John.Well, you know my opinion about this build. The Pink Panther is my favorite, so will try to be impartial on my reply.

The general weathering on the Landy is great, and the dry brush is a nice touch. All the bags and other complements are scratch build, so great point too ;) . And the base are different, (my last one was just a few sand and some little stone), and with the posed figures looks really natural and calm scene. ;)

There is only a mistake, a big one, and sorry but I can tolerate on a modeller with your skills.....

What is a "pinCCCk panther"? :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Great build John!!

Hope you will do another fantastic Landy soon ;)

Regards

Polux
Thanks Polux for all you'r kind comments, as for the Pink maybe it's the light in the photo as i tool it out back in bad light.

To look at in real life it is a very light pink, my aim was to give the affect of Pinkie that has been on a long range patrol, battered & warn covered in sand after being through one or two sand storms.

Sorry iff this one did not come up to you'r expectation as we all know this is you'r favorite Landy.

I will try to do better next time (iust for you).

Have fun

John

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Thanks Alan for your kind comments, the realistic sand IS sand mixed with PVA glue, i got a 15kg bag of play sand from Argos £2.99.somtimes it's damp so it will need to be dryed first.

Hope this helps.

John
Cheers john for the info :smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
Thanks Polux for all you'r kind comments, as for the Pink maybe it's the light in the photo as i tool it out back in bad light.To look at in real life it is a very light pink, my aim was to give the affect of Pinkie that has been on a long range patrol, battered & warn covered in sand after being through one or two sand storms.

Sorry iff this one did not come up to you'r expectation as we all know this is you'r favorite Landy.

I will try to do better next time (iust for you).

Have fun

John
What are you saying John.... I think is perfect!!!

Just say you write a "C" on the word "Pink" ;) this is the only mistake!!!!!!

Sorry if I don't explain so well :oops:

Polux :smiling3:

J

John Huggins

Sorry Polux my mistake, i thought you were saying it was not pink enough for you. :confused:.

Thanks again.

How are you getting along with you'r pinkie, have you made a thread for it yet ?

John

P

Polux

\ said:
Sorry Polux my mistake, i thought you were saying it was not pink enough for you. :confused:.John
Genial! We solve the misunderstanding :smiling3:

I have only a post, the weathering die cast one. Maybe I will try a "remake" on my scratch one (1/18), after see your work here :rolleyes:

Regards

Polux

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Righto, time to waffle.

Lovely work John, you and vehicles do have a certain chemistry with each other, really excellent results you always seem to create. I like this, from too pink to rugged and knackered, just right. The excess baggage (superb scratch building) enhances the look of the Landy and the simple sand and block base is just perfect for showcasing the model and figures. Overall I think it is a top build and visually pleasing your focus is attracted to the figures and vehicle instead of the background, you want to know why is the Landy's bonnet up, what are the guys upto, have they broken down or just resting...questions. So excellent and a perfect 'Pinkie.'

Si...thinks he knows what he's on about...in truth, knows nowt.

J

John Huggins

Thanks Si for you'r kind comments, sorry i could not come up with more up to date wepons,but ha ho you gotte work with what ya got, :rolleyes: as for the bonnet up they are just cooling down the engine & changing the air filter.

Sorted i hope :rolleyes:.

John

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Why, someone being sticking their nose in regarding the use of more up to date weaponry...tell em to mind their own bees-wax.:rolleyes:

Well, the Landy needed a break and of course, no matter what era the British Squaddie is in, he also needs to stop for a brew.

Si:smiling3: