Please show me the door !

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
In the nineteen sixties a new Polish airliner turned up at the then London air port ( now called Heathrow ) the ground crew proudly pushed the steps up to where the aircraft cabin door should have been,only to find that it was not there ! they had overlooked the fact that in that country the door was positioned the opposite side to normal.

Now recently we had the unveiling of the new Airbus A380 and as the steps were pushed towards the aircraft there was no door in sight,modern aircraft are so sleek and smooth that it is sometimes difficult to discern where the door actually is ! :smile8: :cheeseygr

F

fli48rc

Had an opportunity to fly NRT-AMS on KLM... 2nd flight of their new 330. Got to AMS, and the pilot had to guess where to park the plane at the gate. The ground crew hadn't yet painted the spot on the pavement, where to place the nose gear. Well the pilot missed by about 4 feet, took 20 minutes for a tow motor to arrive to reposition the a/c. The flight crew opened the doors and no one wanted to jump between the jetway and the door... wonder why... long fall, hard landing... like most of my r/c flights lately

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Had an opportunity to fly NRT-AMS on KLM... 2nd flight of their new 330. Got to AMS' date=' and the pilot had to guess where to park the plane at the gate. The ground crew hadn't yet painted the spot on the pavement, where to place the nose gear. Well the pilot missed by about 4 feet, took 20 minutes for a tow motor to arrive to reposition the a/c. The flight crew opened the doors and no one wanted to jump between the jetway and the door... wonder why... long fall, hard landing... like most of my r/c flights lately[/quote']*** Nice one Mark ! dont worry your landings wil get softer as you progress. :goodluck: