Pledge Multi-Surface Wax the new klear

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi there

Just a question about Johnson's klear as you know you can no longer buy the original klear so is the new version any good? It is now known as Pledge multi-surface wax. It's not clear like the old version it's now a milky colour and has a perfume smell. I've read on other forums that it takes a lot longer to dry over 24 hours. Has anyone tried it ? does anyone use it as a pre-coat for decals? and can you spray it or does have to be applied by brush? I'm a bit reluctant to buy and try it incase I ruin a model.

Vaughan

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I believe Graham (Fenlander) tried the new formula with good results. He posted a thread on this site. I've seen positive reports elsewhere too. I haven't tried it myself so I can't give a first hand account.

Cheers

Steve

T

travellingman49

I have just used it on a spitfire model with great results, before applying decals and as a protective coat after.I tried using spray on varnish before but it reacted with the paint and i had to strip the paint and start again.I dont know about spraying it on , i just used a brush and am happy with the results.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I've heard positive results about it too. But there are other products you can always try too.......

Guys I may have found a replacement for Future/Klear - Britmodeller.com

M

munkster

I've got a bottle of the Lakeland Quickshine too, works well, brushed on seems better. It is milky in appearance too so maybe it's not so dissimilar to the new Pledge/Klear stuff?