Pond life

N

No.6

Just thought I would share some pics from Sunday. The weather was superb and the water was calm.

I think some of you will have seen the yacht Pegasus before from one of Adzams posts. I'm not sure if you have seen Adzam's stunning little trawler. Or the new tiny addition to his ever expanding fleet. Perhaps he could fill us in a bit more on that one.

View attachment 7512

View attachment 7511

View attachment 7510

View attachment 7509

/monthly_2005_03/war1.jpg.536faeffb576fef87c51a0cd898eea75.jpg

/monthly_2005_03/trol2.jpg.989f7d0e80d7e4196b94f61075deced5.jpg

/monthly_2005_03/trol1.jpg.df407576ea38dd8de303d964572214f7.jpg

/monthly_2005_03/peg.jpg.ebf114bfac618cbed368aa43e10fc9f9.jpg

View attachment 12804

View attachment 12805

View attachment 12806

View attachment 12807

peg.jpg

trol1.jpg

trol2.jpg

war1.jpg

A

adzam

ah hello no.6 , pics turned out nice :wiggle:

the last boat in the series here is a 1/96 scale russian tantalun class guided missile boat. (corvette)

not much information kicking around on the net for these boats, seems there are a few variations based on the same hull.

the model is approx 24 inches long, and driven by two 380 size motors on 7.2 v ( 6 v on a calm day)

a nice realistic speed on the water with a nice bow wave evident.

the real boats reportadly can hit 45 knots !

some pictures can be seen HERE of the real one.

The model`s hull is constructed entirely of balsa, with a skin of resin on the interior. . two grease filled `stuffing box`s `are used to keep the water out .

i`ve sailed her twice now and she sails very well for her size. with not a drop of water evident afterwards.

she`ll sit nicely with the lafayette , when she is completed .

G

George

ah hello no.6 , pics turned out nice :wiggle: the last boat in the series here is a 1/96 scale russian tantalun class guided missile boat. (corvette)

not much information kicking around on the net for these boats, seems there are a few variations based on the same hull.

the model is approx 24 inches long, and driven by two 380 size motors on 7.2 v ( 6 v on a calm day)

a nice realistic speed on the water with a nice bow wave evident.

the real boats reportadly can hit 45 knots !

some pictures can be seen HERE of the real one.

The model`s hull is constructed entirely of balsa, with a skin of resin on the interior. . two grease filled `stuffing box`s `are used to keep the water out .

i`ve sailed her twice now and she sails very well for her size. with not a drop of water evident afterwards.

she`ll sit nicely with the lafayette , when she is completed .
There is a nice range of Russian ships drawings to various scales available from APS Models in Australia. These run from the Shershen class to cruisers with all types in between including the 'Tarantul III' class at 1/50th scale.

If more details of what is available then get back to me. :goodnews:

A

adzam

thanks george for that , i`ll get more info of you in the very near future

B

Bluewavestudios

Some nice boats there and nice pics too with the sunshine.....Easter is not too far away now and that is when our local Model Boat gets refilled after it's winter drain and clean out.

I have some boats in the shed, will have to dig them out ready for running, only minor work needed.

Hopefully this Siberian weather will have gone by then too...!!!

Regards.........Mark

:vacat: