possible refirb?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cool I'd stick it all back together and weather it , put some chipping and scrapes on the bike , do some scuff marks on his helmet and dirty him up slightly , then I'd stick him on a simple base with some trees and bushes :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I think Alan has the right idea, on what to do with him,

it looks like a nice model, ;)

First Name
Dave
Thanks I think his armour needs to be a little more shiny so hopefully just a couple of coats of gloss

The bike needs a fair bit of glue there's a lot of loose bits and I need to scratch build some turbine control flaps as they are missing.

I'm not sure how to go about chipping on finished paint the paint generally is good considering I brush painted it, I must have done this about 25 years ago I don't think I can paint it as well now!.

Dave

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Thanks I think his armour needs to be a little more shiny so hopefully just a couple of coats of gloss
The bike needs a fair bit of glue there's a lot of loose bits and I need to scratch build some turbine control flaps as they are missing.

I'm not sure how to go about chipping on finished paint the paint generally is good considering I brush painted it, I must have done this about 25 years ago I don't think I can paint it as well now!.

Dave
All you need to do dave is get a small thin brush dip it in paint wipe most off but not dry then with the side of the brush move it along the edges but break it up so it looks like this

View attachment 101322

If the paint is still good just discolour it with a lighter paint like you would with dry brushing
image.jpg

First Name
Dave
Cheers I have been looking online I'm not sure I have the colour right they seem green in movie pictures but khaki in model pictures.

Dave