Problem painting plans

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
I am having a bit of a problem with the paint scheme for my Me 109G-6.

View attachment 42046 If you look at the dorsal plan view and then compare it with the two side views the fuselage colour edges do not match up ?

Is this a regular problem that others have come up against or is it just this plan?

I'm using the side views for the fuselage and the plan view for the wings - Mmmmm Obviously - but it's a niggle when they don't match.

I did a search on Klade/Clade - spelling seems to depend on who you read - but not much to be found, so no photos of his plane, a good few paintings, drawings and built kits, but nothing definative.

Will crack on and do the best I can.

Thanks for letting a grumpy git grumble.

Tony.

View attachment 45428

Me109 plan 002.jpg

B

Bunkerbarge

I've known plans leave a lot to be desired in such circumstances and it is usually a case of trying to interpret them as best you can. In this case I would go by the side view for the demarcation because I think it is far more realistic but I just know that Stona will have a picture somewhere amongst his files that will resolve it completely!!

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thanks Richard, I've already done as you advised, just in a grumpy mood today cos I have an annoying problem with my 1:32 Spit.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hi Andy, It's how to fit undercarrage legs later in the build when the plans call for them to be installed before the wing halves are closed up.

View attachment 42052, I scratched some wheel wells and the legs don't fit through the hole thats left due to the protruding pin that allows them to swing into the wing, the well that the wheel fits in is glued down but the rest is dry fit so I can fit the undercart by removing the dry fit parts. Any advice would be helpful.

Hey ho, the joy of scale modelling.:bangin:

Tony.

View attachment 45434

Spitfire2 001.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The colours on the fuselage do pass over the spine and onto the other side with no step or break. You'll have to use a little artisitic licence! I can't dig out a reference for you at the moment but the profiles are as typical as any at this stage. Just take the colours over the spine and match the side profiles as best you can.

Cheers

Steve

I just noticed that the aircraft Kennziffer is White 9. I shall investigate when I get home for a few days next week. My old memory is not what it used to be but I thought Clade (with a C is correct) usually flew a White 2. Don't let that put you off,merely the musings of an old git who should know better :smiling3:

Here's one of his aircraft shown on the cover of his autobiography,only available in german as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Cheers for that Steve. I've seen this photo before, but it's not the one thats in the box. I looked up Clade on Wiki and it says he was Staffelkapitan of 7/JG27 "white 9"in Egypt not Greece and he was flying a Me 109G/R-9 not a G-6. Well I don't know, I'll jast follow the distructions and hope for the best.:artist:

I'll post some photos when it's done and you can have a look.

Tony.