Project to Commemorate the evacuation from Dunkirk

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Neil - I wish I could say 'yes'. But alas I didn't actually paint it. I googled front pages of newspapers from May/June 1940, cut'n'pasted into Word then scaled them down and printed it off. This was then glued in place, cutting it to fit around the hand.

If I could attach a pdf to this thread I would attach a a copy of the pdf of the 11 newspaper front pages I found, but for some reason my Mac won't let me.

Peter

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
I remember both your earlier Dunkirk pieces. Stunning work.
This looks to be heading the same way.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Its a nice idea Peter, certainly different and looking good.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Thanks Jon

no progress today - most of the day was taken up with video conference meetings, and this evening we were outside taking part in a hedgehog survey, we saw two in our garden.

Peter

Reactions: JR

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
If I could attach a pdf to this thread I would attach a a copy of the pdf of the 11 newspaper front pages I found, but for some reason my Mac won't let me.

Peter

If needs be send the pdf to me and i will attach on your behalf,
Hedgehog survey; two is that more than you would normally see, is it down to the COVID effect. We have noticed a lot more birds in the garden since lockdown began. we only live 5 minutes from a wood, but the number of birds have dwindled over the last few years, we used to see scores of hedge sparrows, blackbirds, starlings. Over the last couple of weeks the starlings are back along with blackbirds and blue tits along with a very friendly Robin who has taken a keen interest in our garden makeover, managed to get him to pose for a couple of photos !

r1fb.jpgr3fb.jpgr5fb.jpg

• Love

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Evening all

a latest update - found time to work on the three figures and get them on place.

D7EF697E-2BBB-4654-B7AD-2A9282AC200C.jpeg2E7451AD-E5B2-42ED-B748-D87214CFE83B.jpeg565758E1-804B-4BD4-8273-957CA166093D.jpeg
I need to balance the colours between each of the figures. But I may do that after I add the heads, which is a job for tomorrow.

Peter

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
I have been sidetracked by my family - we have been playing this game I was given: surprisingly good fun, definitely recommended.

Peter
image.jpg

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Here is this afternoon's work - refined the colours - a little more green on the overcoat and darkening of the rear figure. Next the heads.

EFA32FD0-F3CE-49AC-9689-0AABA5121040.jpeg
Peter

D

Deleted member 6559

Aren't Robins lovely birds (when they're not killing each-other in territorial disputes)? Ours comes and looks in the kitchen window until I feed him every morning.

The figures are looking superb. The uniform painting is stunning.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Thanks Peter

I am using the AK interactive set 3080 WW1 British Uniforms. This is a set of three shades. I applied a base coat and then shading it by adding a lot of very weak washes to build up the highlights and shadows.

we have a loverly robin which always appears by the kitchen and when we are working our veg patch.

Peter

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
This is coming together lovely Peter. Really nice to see

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Thank fo the support guys.

here is an update of yesterday evenings work - two heads in place. hopefully the third tonight, and then a bit of time enhancing details and generally refining it.

A5AA5CEC-3D70-44A2-9243-F04A0BC28CDA.jpeg
Peter

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Jon

no progress today - most of the day was taken up with video conference meetings, and this evening we were outside taking part in a hedgehog survey, we saw two in our garden.

Peter
We used to have them 40 odd years ago when we first moved in, the noise of a mating pair in the still of night woke us up. Alas all gone now, and the only sign of them is a poor dead one on the road.:crying:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Lovely work Peter.