Psychedelic Buffalo

First Name
Mike
Airfix 1/72 Buffalo, finished in an experimental disruptive Barclay-McLelland scheme of 1941. Kit has been rescribed and some cockpit detail added. The paint scheme is entirely masked and painted, although in retrospect decals might have been easier...

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent paint job Mike , VERY tricky masking! I'm glad this experimental scheme didnt catch on, it would have made life hell for us modellers!! great build, loving the extra detail , cheers tony

First Name
Jason
Dread to think how many hours went into that masking job but it looks incredible! Great job Mike

Jason

A

andyrobs

That's an amazing paint job, you must have the patience of a saint!!!! Top quality build mate

Cheers, Andrew

First Name
Dave
Great paint job.Ive seen this scheme modelled in one of the modelling magazines a few years ago.

M

mobear

for goodness sake its awesome,very clean and lovely looking,5*s mate

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Reminds me of some wallpaper we had in the 70s! Joking aside that disruptive pattern really works to break up the outline of the aircraft.

Another faultless build of a unique aircraft - awesome. I'm staggered by how accurate you can be in 1/72, it is truly amazing.

Great stuff Mike

Paul

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Again another gem from master-Mike. That is masking to the extreme and superb at 1/72 scale. In fact all your 1/72's look like 1/32's the detailing is just awe inspiring. Top work.

Si:smiling3:

D

Doug Hughes

Woah man, that's really...far out. Great camouflage if you happen to be flying over a cubist painting.

I cannot imagine the work that went into the paint scheme, and to some extent the scheme draws the attention away from the build quality. A bit of a silk purse from a sow's ear, too - I seem to remember the Airfix kit is not the best, unless there's been a re-tool, in which case I downgrade my assessment from 'miraculous' to merely 'brilliant'. I particularly like the propeller, the undercarriage, the panels around the cowling, and the canopy framing.

G

Graham D

Nice model, now I see why I stick to boats, the camouflage is a lot easier

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Great job with that Mike. That's a lovely model and the paint job is out of this world.

I've never been sure whether such a complicated pattern worked or sent the enemy cross eyed :smiling3: Like Tony, I'm glad it didn't catch on!

Cheers

Steve

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow an amazing paint job,well done and hats off to you ,

D

delmonteman

Why would you ever put yourself through that? It must have driven you insane! Amazing work.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

S

Stevekir

Me to. The edges of the masking is so sharp. Mine tends to look a little ragged at close range.