quality paint brushes

P

Pete Mac

Can anyone recommend a quality set of brushes please folks to cover very small (ie instrument panel details) to not so small larger areas. I have looked at Winsor Newton but they cost a fortune and not recommended

for use on acrylics. thanks. Pete.

S

snapper41

I've got a set of 5 Harder & Steenbeck brushes, sizes 10/0, 5/0, 3/0, 2/0 and 0 which I use for cockpit details. The set cost £12; think I got them from Little Cars (check out their website).

T

tecdes

Pete try your local art shop. Artists are well into acrylics with their work

Out local shop has a load of brushes in size & quality. Best thing I find is to try them & see if they have that nice spring. Also if the hairs stay together after breaking the grip of the stuff, like hair lacquer, they put on them for show.

Laurie

A

andygh

Try these

https://www.rosemaryandco.com/index.php?cPath=275

G

George

The kolinsky sable brushes are good for fine detail and you can find them at reasonable prices if you shop around. I think Javis Manufacturing make some but I'm not sure where you'd find them.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Pete, I've just had a look at the brushes in John's shop here at Scale models. He has a good selection and well worth a look..

Ron

M

markg

snapper41, thanks to your post, I have ordered a 5-pack (the Harder & Steenbeck Kolibri). I'm interested to see what they're like.

I currently use Javis brushes, which I think are very good.

A

andygh

The ones from John's shop are very good value, I have had several from him