Queen Mary

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Carl well im like the other guys an think you are now doin a grand job on the model well done great stuff lookin forward to seein her finished an a float in the bath lol with some pics
chris

First Name
Carl
Hi all, I was thinking of putting some form of weight in the hull of the boat to give the model more of a quality feel When handled plus makes it more stable on the shelf. I guess in the old days people used lead but I presume there is an alternative these days. Can some one recommend best weight options to glued in the hull?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Carl pour some resin in the hull its quite heavy but let the smell out first for a few days

chris

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Carl,
I've used loose change - pennies & 2p coins epoxied together. Alternatively, a plastic box constructed around the coins. A use for all that shrapnel that wears your pockets out !
Dave

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Ha, we don't have any local banks! - To get to the nearest, costs me £7.20 - bus fare
Dave
OH dear Dave yes i see what you mean you are spending money to try an get money as our bank is only 3 miles up the rd an its only about a 10min car journey when we go shoppin
chris

First Name
Carl
I must admit I don’t get a lot of change these days. Pretty much use the card for everything. It’s been about 10 years since I least looked at my bank account. I leave that to the missus.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Ha, we don't have any local banks! - To get to the nearest, costs me £7.20 - bus fare
Dave
If you saved those pennies and tuppences you'd soon have enough for the bus fare Dave! Are you too young for a bus pass then?
Pete

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter,
they keep on moving the goalposts for a bus pass! Like the State Pension - it keeps on being upped by a year!
Dave
I've got one Dave , used it twice , think the bus was older than me, most uncomfortable ride .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I find pennies and twopences very useful as bases for my 28mm gaming figures. They are very accurately made, ideal thickness, and extremely hard wearing....not very useful as coinage though....

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL they wont let me have one so i'll stick to my car as Dave said they keep movin the goalposts an alterring the dates
chris