RAF Cold War Fighters part 4?

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
After the 2 Vampires of part 3, I'm going to make one more of the series, before I turn to something else ( I'll return later in the year for part 5! ) Two GBs beginning in February!
Which would you like to see built as part 4?
airfix swift 5.jpgrevell hunter.jpgspecial hobby hornet.jpgxtrakit meteor 8.jpg

I'll leave this open until the weekend..............
Dave

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Like the Swift. Looks a little like the bird in the box art.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I'll go with the Swift. I don't remember ever seeing one built. To be honest though, Dave, I didn't know there was a Swift plane :rolling:
Jim

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'll go with the Swift. I don't remember ever seeing one built. To be honest though, Dave, I didn't know there was a Swift plane :rolling:
Jim
Jim,
it was only used for a short time, due to various problems, including poor handling & an inability to use reheat at altitude, not good, as it was meant to be an interceptor. Eventually, it was used as a low level photo reconnaissance fighter. It was ordered in parallel with the Hawker Hunter...............
Incidentally, the development of the Swift & the Hunter lagged far behind schedule, which was why the RAF used the F86 Sabre to fill the gap!
Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hunter for me. Used to get buzzed by the Porton Hunter from Boscombe down back in the day. Wonderful engine note at speed….

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Swift for me too Dave, please. My brother and I were given Dinky toys for Xmas one year - being senior, he got the Hunter, I had to make do with the Swift!
Pete

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hornet for me.

Always had a thing for a lot of the twin engined fighters of WW2 (accepting this just missed it). IIRC this was apparently Eric 'Winkle' Brown's favourite aircraft.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Go with the Hornet Dave....Don't know doodley squat about those other jet wing thingy's..........It also looks like a Mossie too!!!........

Prost
Allen
Yep, exactly what I thought, just like a Mossie that's had it's head shrunk....
.... ala the guy sat next to Beetlejuice in the waiting room at the end of the film!! ;)
Andy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Tough choice there dave , theyre all excellent aircraft and kits . I like the swift , Ian (papa695) built one on here a while back and its a great kit . Of the others , I’d like to see the hornet being built ,cheers tony