"Ramp Down!" Dog Green. Vierville. Omaha Beach. Normandy. June 6th 1944.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great tribute and awesome modeling as always Ron, .... plus what everybody else said.

PS. Love the black and white shots, I had to get my glasses to make sure you weren't sneaking in some "Life" magazine
photos. Very convincing, I love it!

Jim.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What to write?
I'm truly overwhelmed by the great response to my 'Tribute' build. You crowd are something else!

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to post such great comments and for making me one very happy, and yes, humble bunny.

Cheers all.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I’m simply speechless mate . This is so brilliantly done , it transcends just being a model diorama . Its a snapshot of a scene of horrror , sacrifice and unbelievable courage that most of us couldn't even begin to imagine . Your superb vision gives us that chance - and its a sobering , humbling experience . We will never forget them
Very well said indeed.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks to Doug and John for your positive comments. Much appreciated. :thumb2:

I'm off on another sabbatical for a week or so. Hopefully see you all when I return.

Take care.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry to have to land on the beaches once more, but I've just signed back onto the forum after a spell away and noticed I've not responded to a couple of posts, so........

Si and Lee. Thank you both for your generous comments. I'm glad you like my diorama. :thumb2:

Cheers.
Ron