Raptor 1/48 Academy

P

pilot program

Hy, guys..

I haven't been here for a while:smiling3:

So, it is about Raptor. I love the bird :smiling3:

I started with wheel bays. Although the bays from the box are pretty detailed, I've decided to sand almost everything away and wire it myself. Second option was to buy aires, but I am satisfied with the present look. There are some mistakes that I made, but I've notice it just after painting, so I will leave it as it is.

Pics:

Painted with semigloss white.

Hope you like it. All comments and criticism are welcome.

Regards, Ljubo

First Name
Aaron
Jeeze nice job mate, looks very busy.

M

mobear

fantastic detailing work must have taken a while to get it right?

mobear

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Cor blimey Ljubo, if that's going to be the level of detail in the wheel bays, I can't wait to see how the cockpit looks.

Great work mate.

Tony.

P

pilot program

Yes, it took a while. About ten days. All of it looks thick, but alot of wires are realy thin and hard to handle.

Cockpit is partly painted, already. I put some decals from the box on the screens, but it is not realistic if the engine is turned of, so I think I'll fix it and paint it in gloss black. It is aires cockpit, but this is the first time that I'm not satisfied with their resin. Some details were lost and some are impossible to paint. But, i really don't have any intention to buy another one, so this one will work for this time. It is not so bad, but it is not perfect as usual.

P

Plastickitbasher

You must have a very steady hand that detail work is stunning

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Fantastic work Ljubo.

I look forward to seeing what else you have up your sleeve for this one.

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great to see you back Ljubo! and fantastic scratchbuilding in the wheel wells, looking forward to seeing the cockpit, cheers tony

First Name
Chris
Beautiful piece of detailing Ljubo very nice indeed, look forward to seeing what you do with the rest of it.

Regards

Chris

P

pilot program

Hello, again.

Here we go just a bit forward.

I glued the intakes, than I fill it, sand it, fill it, sand it, fill it, sand it etc :D

Anyway, I paint it whit white and now I should paint the grey egde. Does anyone know how exactly that gray paint goes inside the intakes?

I am sorry about the bad pics, but that was as good as I could.

Regards, Ljubo

P

pilot program

When I just thought that I'm done with intakes, I tried to dryfit them. And look at the result:

So, there will be alot of work for me with this :sad:

Hope to get my inspiration back soon.

In the meantime, to heal the wounds I started Eduard's Mig-21 bis. :smiling3:

regards, Ljubo

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ouch, thats just nasty Ljubo. I can understand why you made a start on something else!

Ian M

P

pilot program

\ said:
Ouch, thats just nasty Ljubo. I can understand why you made a start on something else!Ian M
I'll be back on this one, soon, I can promise you that :smiling3:

C

Caledonia

Fantastic work on those wheel bays Ljubo, the intakes on the 1:72 I am building at the moment were a real pain. The 1:72 also has an annoying amount of ejection pin holes in very awkward areas. Cheers Derek

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
Hy, guys..I haven't been here for a while:smiling3:

So, it is about Raptor. I love the bird :smiling3:

I started with wheel bays. Although the bays from the box are pretty detailed, I've decided to sand almost everything away and wire it myself. Second option was to buy aires, but I am satisfied with the present look. There are some mistakes that I made, but I've notice it just after painting, so I will leave it as it is.

Pics:

Painted with semigloss white.

Hope you like it. All comments and criticism are welcome.

Regards, Ljubo
What's to criticise, it's excellent!

Gregg

V

Vajled

Nicely done Ljubo, great work on details and wheel bay...

As for fit... I see a fill in, sand it, fill in, sand it, fill in, sand it job :smiling3:

Really nice job so far and I know you will handle this bad fit also

Roman