Rbaker's Meng Toon Sherman Firefly

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Richard and welcome to the GB, the Firefly is great choice builds up really well, are building it OB or adding some extra detailing.
Cheers Pete.

Rbaker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Pete I will be building this one OOB to start with.

Well after a weekend of spending some time on this here is where I currently am328938328939

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Richard god clean start, I don't know if you have seen this or not.

Dry fitting test.
The only downside is that dry fitting is a problem as once the two parts are together they are some times very hard to separate. I soon learnt that early on with the toon tanks, I should have mentioned it, far be it for me to tell any of you how to build but a quick sand around the connecting pins and you can get them apart again without damage, the other tip is to cut 3/5mm of the smaller connecting pin the male one, that is best one I have found.

I would also recommend that you thoroughly wash the tank tracks, on the last two toons thay were very oily and even the sprues had a slight oily feel.

I haven't come across a glue that won't glue these together yet and I glue everything on.

Pete.

Rbaker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Richard god clean start, I don't know if you have seen this or not.

Dry fitting test.
The only downside is that dry fitting is a problem as once the two parts are together they are some times very hard to separate. I soon learnt that early on with the toon tanks, I should have mentioned it, far be it for me to tell any of you how to build but a quick sand around the connecting pins and you can get them apart again without damage, the other tip is to cut 3/5mm of the smaller connecting pin the male one, that is best one I have found.

I would also recommend that you thoroughly wash the tank tracks, on the last two toons thay were very oily and even the sprues had a slight oily feel.

I haven't come across a glue that won't glue these together yet and I glue everything on.

Pete.
Pete

I had seen this and when it comes to dry fitting the top I will be giving the pegs a trim

Have felt the tracks and although they feel ok will give them a wash to be safe Thanks for the tip