RC-IJN GUNBOAT...GONE BACK TO ORIGINAL: HMS INSTANT.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Here is a all wood construction Imperial Japanese Navy Gunboat: Circa 1900's.

I have damaged the railing...by that I mean broken it due to being a clumsy oaf.

Had issues with a swapped motor that kept blowing fuses-got that sorted. Here she is in the test tank having a ballast check.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Nice looking boat Si. Did you build this one?
Part built it Joe, had it on the shelf for a while and need to get some boats finished, so out she came, she needs a spruce up, some paint etc, but not going to do anything drastic. I just want to get her sorted and get sailing her.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Just to add that this is actually a Douglas McGhee design of HMS Instant, she is a gunboat though, only difference is the front gun design and the wheelhouse.

First Name
Gregg
That looks a really nice piece of kit.

Any pics of it on the briney!

Gregg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
That looks a really nice piece of kit.Any pics of it on the briney!

Gregg
Non yet Gregg, she has been in drydock lol, refitted the broken railings, one still wonky :mad:-that's what you get for using brass wire with plastic stanchions. Fitted some more small aft and bow bollards, and she is having her name attached to the front of the wheelhouse. She is going back to HMS Instant. Hopefully she will be running this Sunday so will try and get some piccies of her. She actually has grimy paintwork, despite a good clean-she used to have a really old smoke generator that ran on oil and it just spat this stuff everywhere-I like it though as it adds to the boat.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Nice mate she's not to far away from HMS Monitor , will look great on the briny :smiling3:

P

Polux

Sorry Si!! I miss this thread mate :oops:

Really nice boat!! Looking very good ;)

Ps: You and Richard will make me turn on the dark side of the waves guys :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Sorry Si!! I miss this thread mate :oops:Really nice boat!! Looking very good ;)

Ps: You and Richard will make me turn on the dark side of the waves guys :D
Dark side...it can be fun with minimum of trouble...I.E aircraft, helicopters. Only dark side is if it sinks... :sad:

P

Polux

\ said:
. Only dark side is if it sinks... :sad: Si:smiling3:
Or if your competition 1/8 buggy jumps out of the circuit because the radio don't work correctly for a moment....when you arrive at the crash place, you only found a mount of pieces.... :sad:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Or if your competition 1/8 buggy jumps out of the circuit because the radio don't work correctly for a moment....when you arrive at the crash place, you only found a mount of pieces.... :sad:
Yep, the trials of RC... :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
She has had the stern mast repaired, just waiting for the White Ensign to arrive, added a stern anchor and winch, and a brass bell on the bridge area. Her proper name has been added to the front of the superstructure.

She also has a steam engine room sound with telegraphs and voices. Click the picture below to watch and hear the video.

View attachment 118944

th_DSCF3642_zpsc628badc.mp4.jpg

J

jc33

Hi - Viewing your pictures has encouraged me to complete my HMS Instant, though nowhere near the quality or finish of yours. I think its redeeming feature however, is the turret and gun which turns and fires a lead ball about 12'. Getting two servos, a speed controller and battery in such a small area was difficult to say the least!!View attachment 120210

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Very nice job Si ........... I like it. But where's the bloody rust ?????

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
that does look nice the little gun boat but i bet she looks nice floating

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Here she is on the water.

I no longer have this boat, with issues via disability and a couple that ended up as firewood it was time to let them go.

Nice to see her again.