Re-jiggled the JU-88 dio.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
With my local boat clubs 'Navy-Day' just around the corner I decided to add some other details to my JU-88 crashed dio.

Added a 1/72 Range Rover, some mud tracks and a few more foliage items-made from a cut down pasting brush. Also added a very light, mud/staining wash to the aircraft in places.

Unsure if to add a Toyota Landcruiser to the other side, may make it too cluttered.

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 68532

View attachment 68533

View attachment 68534

DSCF1658.JPG

DSCF1660.JPG

DSCF1662.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Polux

Hi Si!

Nice little scene!

The weathering on the Ju is pretty nice mate! Well done!

About an other car.... I'm afraid you rest importance at the plane, not? But have to say, I think something in that place will be ok, the problem is found what!!!

Cheers

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
The extra detailing looks great Si and the bristle foliage hiding it now give it a reason for being lost.

Think you're right about another vehicle making it too cluttered though.

Tony.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Hi Si!Nice little scene!

The weathering on the Ju is pretty nice mate! Well done!

About an other car.... I'm afraid you rest importance at the plane, not? But have to say, I think something in that place will be ok, the problem is found what!!!

Cheers
Ta mucho Polux , decided to leave the car out, too cluttered.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
The extra detailing looks great Si and the bristle foliage hiding it now give it a reason for being lost.Think you're right about another vehicle making it too cluttered though.

Tony.
Cheers Tony, I painted the foliage too in lights browns and green, it does work well to hide the begger :smiling3: You're right, have decided to leave the other car off, way to cluttered with it.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great work Si, I think this is a fantastic little diorama, original in every way.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Great work Si, I think this is a fantastic little diorama, original in every way.
Ta Joe, with my local boat club 'Navy-Day' in a couple of weeks I wanted to finish this off, think it worked well.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Brilliant peice Si looks realy cool with that range rover , weathering is superb :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
FANTASTIC Dio Si ! It looks great and the addition of the car and foliage gives it a great atmosphere , its going to be a talking point at the show , cheers tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Brilliant peice Si looks realy cool with that range rover , weathering is superb :smiling3:
Thanks Alan, glad you like it. The original aircraft has had 5 different paints added. And undercoat, the camo scheme and then various metallic to give the appearance of aluminium showing through...took ages lol. Thanks for the great build medal, appreciate it.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
FANTASTIC Dio Si ! It looks great and the addition of the car and foliage gives it a great atmosphere , its going to be a talking point at the show , cheers tony
Cheers Tony, so pleased you like it :smiling3: Hopefully it should do well along with the other wrecks I have lol.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Thanks Alan, glad you like it. The original aircraft has had 5 different paints added. And undercoat, the camo scheme and then various metallic to give the appearance of aluminium showing through...took ages lol. Thanks for the great build medal, appreciate it.Si:smiling3:
No pens mate , I tell you what you could with your panzer now , you could do it as if its been pulled from a river with at same weathering scheme:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
No pens mate , I tell you what you could with your panzer now , you could do it as if its been pulled from a river with at same weathering scheme:smiling3:
That's not a bad idea mate. I like your thinking.

N

noble

This looks great si nice work you certainly have got the busted and delapadated look down.

scott

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
This looks great si nice work you certainly have got the busted and delapadated look down.scott
Thanks Scott. Knackered is something I really enjoy doing lol.

D

Deleted member 4203

I love the way the Ju-88 is just lying there helpless, such a massive beast of war, crippled. Absolutely fantastic!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks Brilliant,with the added detail,Si,and the guys having a wonder about to see,what they found, ;)

like the use of the long bull,reeds to hide it from view,as well just enough to spark there interest to look, :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This is a blast from the past...thanks guys. This model was sold and now lives in Jersey...I wonder if Laurie has seen it yet? :D