Red Baron Issue 61-Fitting the aileron hinges.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
6d0aeb10.jpg

Issue No.61-Aileron hinges & addition of the trailing edge.

Time to fit the aileron support brackets and also the trailing edge as well,the brackets need cleaning up with emery paper before fitting to the locations stated in the magazine,make sure that they sit parallel to the wing ribs,I am not sure why they are slightly proud of the other assembly and the only solution would be to file them extensively ? slip the aileron brackets through them and offer up to the wing trailing edge,with a pencil mark the inner slot positions and then file the top & bottom TE so that the brackets just slide over,when it comes to fitting time which is much later in the assembly I think that some spacers set between the leading edge of the aileron & TE of the wing,as a jig to set everything up will be the order of the day.

Next take the trailing edge pieces and check the slots,mine were out and required work with a small file,next attach them to the ends of the ribs,it will then become apparent that the TE is too short,my answer was to splice another piece of wood at the tip,finally fair everything in with slow drying araldite to lock everything into place,put aside to cure.

The next issue contains parts to build another machine gun,this is a model in itself.