RedBaron Fokker Triplane model-Issue 68 Tank Fittings

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
98e8b760.jpg

Carefully remove all burrs and make sure that the fittings lie flush against the flat surfaces of the fuel tank,dry fit and then fix with medium cyno.

Once we know the exact position straps can be fabricated from Bond notepaper and fixed with thinned down PVA.

9908e890.jpg

The completed tank looking from the top & bottom and looking good,finish off with a coat of Johnsons Klear.

Last edited by a moderator:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Crossbar fault with issue 68-Red Baron.

98e8b760.jpg
Carefully remove all burrs and make sure that the fittings lie flush against the flat surfaces of the fuel tank,dry fit and then fix with medium cyno.

Once we know the exact position straps can be fabricated from Bond notepaper and fixed with thinned down PVA.

9908e890.jpg

The completed tank looking from the top & bottom and looking good,finish off with a coat of Johnsons Klear.
***There is a fault with the central metal crossbar shown in the pictures,this has been found to be some 6 mm too short ! how it ever got to this stage nobody knows ?,if you have not yet fitted the part then hold back until we know if Hachette intend on issueing a replacement which is doubtful,if this is the case then an home bade bar will need to be manufactured from brass rod with flared ends,if this is the case then instructions will be detailed here in the future.

Meanwhile enquiries are being made to the distributors.

P

pbarrio

central metal crossbar

The same happened here in Argentina. I replaced the original (short) with a brass rod wich I soldered to the supplied brass rods of the fuselage.

View attachment 7606

/monthly_2005_04/crossbar.jpg.8e99ad3ea0f77682c65332f4e67e6de1.jpg

View attachment 12901

crossbar.jpg

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
The same happened here in Argentina. I replaced the original (short) with a brass rod wich I soldered to the supplied brass rods of the fuselage.
*** Many thanks for the feedback Pbarrio,its not a big problem for experienced scale modellers but Hachette should have got this right in the first place,I will be speaking to someone tomorrow at the company with a bit of weight regarding this latest issue.

Your model looks splendid and you seem to be more advanced in Argentina regarding the issue numbers.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I have just had an interesting conversation with Louise at Hachette

regarding the suspect cross member for the fuel tank,the builder of

the 'Beta' model assures us that it is not quite as bad as things may

look at first,apparently there are two more metal fittings that are

located onto the fuselage longerons just where the cross brace is

fitted,I am also told that this structure is hidden underneath the

fuselage sheeting in that area,there could still be a possibly

discrepency of aprox 1 mm but as the longerons are still quite springy

at this stage and without the respective fittings it is difficult to

judge at the present time.

So under these circumstances it will probably be better to wait before

any modifications are deemed necessary in this area.