Refuelling in the desert , a Hurricanes story

B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely job. I realy like dioramas that capture a simple everyday occurance that helps us to see what life was like at a particular point in time. I much prefer this than an action shot. I also think the size of the base helps to do it justice as well as you get the whole scene and a bit of space to frame the focal point.

Excellent stuff. I hope he hurries up with the fuel, the poor pilot is going to cook in that jacket!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks mate, I also prefer a placid dio to action I think it puts more of a human element to war

Glad you like it

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yes, now that I like very much...is that crawly enough? I love the refuelling figures, you have pulled them of treat, just look spot on...who's a clever boy then...it's you *ruffles Alan's hair/wig or pats his bald head* Seriously, it does look superb, simple yet effective.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Yes, now that I like very much...is that crawly enough? I love the refuelling figures, you have pulled them of treat, just look spot on...who's a clever boy then...it's you *ruffles Alan's hair/wig or pats his bald head* Seriously, it does look superb, simple yet effective.Si:smiling3:
Cheers. Si, I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out

Glad you like it mate

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers. Si, I'm quite pleased with the way it turned outGlad you like it mate
Damn straight I do, nice dio, the pilot just walking not paying any attention his his plane, lost in his thoughts, all tell a little story.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Damn straight I do, nice dio, the pilot just walking not paying any attention his his plane, lost in his thoughts, all tell a little story.Si:smiling3:
Yeah I thought about him and what was in the bag? Maybe it's troop movements, maybe it's orders or maybe it's his lunch :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Yeah I thought about him and what was in the bag? Maybe it's troop movements, maybe it's orders or maybe it's his lunch :smiling3:
Lunch...he's got something on the 'black market' and is not going to share-soooooooooooooooo, he just acts cool and saunters off, looking out across the desert to find a nice place to stuff his face.

Z

Ziper_it

I like this a lot, nice dio and story.

Is the plane completed or will you add some more dust on it?

Francesco

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I like this a lot, nice dio and story.Is the plane completed or will you add some more dust on it?

Francesco
I don't know if I will add anymore weathering I don't want to ruin it, I tend to do too little or too much

Glad you like it :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wonderful work Alan, I like this a lot, as has been said, it captures a moment in time which is not often seen or modelled. Great build, the Hurricane looks fantastic too. This was the Revell 72?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Wonderful work Alan, I like this a lot, as has been said, it captures a moment in time which is not often seen or modelled. Great build, the Hurricane looks fantastic too. This was the Revell 72?
Thanks Joe glad you like it and yes it's the revell 1/72 nice little kit to build

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Polux I'm glade you like it :smiling3:

N

noble

Hi Alan another lovely piece here, nice work on the hurricane and i do like the refuling figures, well done mate and i do agree tasks like refuling although it was probably a mundane task in was nessecary to keep aircraft flying and youve pulled it off well.

scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Andy I just wish I had spent a bit more effot into the hurricane now , I only bought it for something to do on bad weather days on holiday :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Hi Alan,This is a stunning tribute to what I call the 'True BoB aircraft Hero'...

Andy...
I feel exactly the same Andy the hurricane was a very underrated aircraft